Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Outsider

2»

Comments

• The Outsider is heading to DVD and Blu-ray in June 2020.
  • The Outsider has done well ratings wise.  It's HBO's best first season show since Westworld.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/outsider-racks-up-strong-ratings-hbo-1283475
  • The Outsider” may not have generated quite as much buzz as “Watchmen” or “True Detective,” but the Stephen King-based drama has drawn more viewers than both.

The series finale was watched by 2.2 million viewers across all platforms, per HBO, which represents a whopping 1 million viewer boost from the season premiere, hinting at the incremental, word of mouth nature of its success. That 83% gain is also the largest from a debut to a finale for any HBO series in its first season. A season high 1.37 million viewers tuned in during the finale’s initial airing.

Through its first nine episodes, “The Outsider” is currently averaging 9 million viewers across all platforms, the best performance for a new HBO drama series since the first season of “Westworld” in 2016. For comparison, “Watchmen” drew 1.6 million viewers across all platforms to its finale. The much talked about Regina King series averaged just over 7 million viewers per episode, while season 3 of “True Detective” averaged close to 8 million.

>>> Source
  • edited March 2020
    Ben Mendelsohn Doesn't Know About Season 2 – But He's Heard a Few Things

So is that a tease for a second season? Mendelsohn just doesn't know – but he's heard a few things:

"This is the God's honest truth: I've been told some way, somewhere, someone is writing, and somewhere that person who's writing is saying, 'Go away until I'm finished.' So no one knows. No one knows whether there'll be another, who'll be in it, what it will be about, any of those questions. I'll put a bet that they make another, but as to who is in or out or what that's about or anything else, I couldn't tell you. That's the God's honest truth."

• ‘The Outsider’: MRC Shopping Series After HBO Passes On Season 2

The Outsider, starring Ben Mendelsohn and Cynthia Erivo, has been put into turnaround after HBO opted not to proceed with a second season. MRC, the studio behind the drama series adaptation of Stephen King’s novel, is taking Season 2 out to market.
    NotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler