Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Michael C. Hall to narrate first unabridged Pet Sematary audiobook

edited January 2018 in General news
Michael C. Hall will narrate the first ever unabridged recording of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary, EW has learned exclusively, a move that comes following huge demand from fans.

Pet Sematary was originally published in 1983 to worldwide success, instantly landing at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list, before being adapted into the popular 1989 horror film of the same name. The book, set in a seemingly idyllic town in the graveyard of pets buried by children, remains one of King’s most popular, getting a special 30th Anniversary edition release back in 2013.

“Readers have been asking for this audiobook for a very long time,” Stephen King said in a statement. “I know the listening experience will be worth the wait with Michael as narrator.”

Hall is best known for his Golden Globe-winning turn in Dexter, in which he played the eponymous serial killer, and before that broke out in HBO’s Six Feet Under. More recently, he’s appeared on Broadway in John Cameron Mitchell’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Will Eno’s The Realistic Joneses, and guest starred in the second season of The Crown as John F. Kennedy.

“We’re thrilled to finally bring Pet Sematary to King’s audiobook fans,” Simon & Schuster Audio president and publisher Chris Lynch added. “Michael C. Hall is a perfect match for this timeless story, which has long deserved an unabridged production.”

The unabridged audiobook of Pet Sematary will be released by Simon & Schuster Audio on March 27.

>>> Source

Comments