Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Dark Tower Radio

I spent about 90 minutes talking with Jeremy Lloyd about all things King for his Dark Tower Radio podcast. You can listen here.

On this episode Jeremy is joined by author of The Dark Tower Companion, The Road to the Dark Tower, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion and the co-editor of the new anthology Flight or Fright the one and only Bev Vincent. They discuss Bev's history with the works of Stephen King, the new King renaissance and the new anthology he worked on with Stephen King Flight or Fright. So hunker down fasten your seat belt and return your seat and tray tables to their upright positions and tune your dial to Dark Tower Radio and enjoy the palaver.
Hedda Gabler

Comments

• Great and interesting discussion as always.
    Hedda Gabler
  • I return to Dark Tower Radio for Episode 120: Dark Tower III The Wastelands Palaver

Hile!  On this episode we are going back to Mid World to palaver about the third book in the Dark Tower series The Wastelands just in time for the 30th anniversary of its paperback release. Joining Jeremy for this palaver is a very special gunslinger the one and only Bev Vincent. So hunker down grab a spot around the campfire and join us for this very special episode. 

Beware of spoilers in this episode if you haven't read the entire Dark Tower series!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Okay, how do you think Roland can redeem himself?

when will you be able to discuss your new King project? 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited February 2022
    My theory about how Roland can redeem himself:
    I think Roland needs to save the Tower but not enter it. By entering the Tower, he is presuming to know the unknowable--in effect, he wants to confront God. It is this hubris that defeats him time and again. When he frees the Breakers and defeats the Crimson King, his job is done. He should then turn and walk away. That breaks the cycle. In my version of events, he goes back to Calla Bryn Sturgis and lives out the rest of his days as sheriff, living with Rosalita Munoz.

I'll be able to discuss my new King project when the publisher has a cover for it. Soon, I hope!

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • My theory about how Roland can redeem himself:
    I think Roland needs to save the Tower but not enter it. By entering the Tower, he is presuming to know the unknowable--in effect, he wants to confront God. It is this hubris that defeats him time and again. When he frees the Breakers and defeats the Crimson King, his job is done. He should then turn and walk away. That breaks the cycle. In my version of events, he goes back to Calla Bryn Sturgis and lives out the rest of his days as sheriff, living with Rosalita Munoz.

I'll be able to discuss my new King project when the publisher has a cover for it. Soon, I hope!

....this is brilliant!.....
    BevVincentFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2022
    My theory about how Roland can redeem himself:

Okay, i think you casually mentioned your redemption ideas on another podcast —

i think this is the year I re-read Tower. I read them all in 2005 and more and more detail are just slipping away. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • My theory about how Roland can redeem himself:

Do you get any say on cover? Control that art!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I haven't had any input so far -- it's going to be a complete surprise to me. If I don't like it, they may listen to me...
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Hope to hear something soon. Can you say if it is DT related?
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It's related to everything!
  • Everything!?!?! That's gonna be a big book!  ;) 
  • Episode 131: Dark Tower IV Wizard and Glass Palaver

On this episode we are going back to the path of the beam and the last gunslinger and his Ka-tet and just in time for the 25th anniversary of the fourth installment of the Dark Tower Series Wizard and Glass. Joining Jeremy for this palaver is returning guest Author and Dark Tower wizard Bev Vincent. The two talk about the release of this long anticipated book that came out 6 yrs after the cliffhanger third installment The Wastelands. They share their thoughts on this often divisive chapter in the journey to the Dark Tower and its place in King's magnum opus. So hunker down and light your devil grass and tune your dial to Dark Tower Radio. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • Really so much in this discussion. So much information. Jogging my memory.  This one of all the interviews you’ve given where you mention Dark Tower or talk about the series or a book in depth — this one made me really want to read the series again. I think I would appreciate it so much more.   

I had hoped to start the journey this year, but I must get some other king’s read first. 

As always, interesting. 

FlakeNoirLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTBevVincent
  • It's time once again to head through the Unfound Door and review the next installment in the Dark Tower Series just in time for its 20th anniversary The Wolves of the Calla. Joining the podcast once again for this review is author, constant reader and tower junkie Bev Vincent. Jeremy and Bev palaver about the importance of this installment in the series and how a tragedy  in King's real life influenced the last Gunslinger's journey to the Tower in the last three installments of the series. So hunker down and light some devil grass and tune the dial to Dark Tower Radio
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • It's time once again to head through the Unfound Door and review the next installment in the Dark Tower Series just in time for its 20th anniversary The Wolves of the Calla. Joining the podcast once again for this review is author, constant reader and tower junkie Bev Vincent. Jeremy and Bev palaver about the importance of this installment in the series and how a tragedy  in King's real life influenced the last Gunslinger's journey to the Tower in the last three installments of the series. So hunker down and light some devil grass and tune the dial to Dark Tower Radio
    This was a really good i formation packed discussion bev. So many topics sparked my memory on the series. I say it every time and say it again, I need to re read this series. I gave forgotten so much. 

Hopefully you do SoS sooner rather than later with this guy. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNT
  • We're planning to cover SoS.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir