Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Eyes of the Dragon to appear on Hulu?

edited May 2019 in Adaptations
Hulu is developing a pilot of The Eyes of the Dragon with Seth Grahame-Smith writing and showrunning.

Comments

• Back in 2019, we learned that Hulu was moving forward with an Eyes of the Dragon TV series, based on the Stephen King fantasy novel of the same name. Seth Grahame-Smith, who served as producer on the two It films, was set as showrunner, and the general consensus was that this was a chance for Hulu to have their own Game of Thrones-like series. Since the announcement, we’ve heard very little about the show – and there’s a good reason for that: it’s no longer happening.

While appearing on The Kingcast, Seth Grahame-Smith revealed that The Eyes of the Dragon TV series is officially dead on Hulu. According to Grahme-Smith, the show’s collapse was due to both budget and some behind-the-scenes changes of Hulu execs.

Had the Hulu series gone foward, Grahame-Smith says the plan was for the first season to adapt the entire book, and then for subsequent seasons to continue the story.

In the same interview, Grahame-Smith talks about wanting Sam Rockwell to play Flagg, and also reaching out to Alan Cumming to narrate the series. But now none of that will happen. Whether or not someone else comes along now to scoop up the rights and adapt this into a TV series is anyone’s guess. Back when Game of Thrones was on the air, an Eyes of the Dragon TV series felt like a no-brainer. But now, I’m not so sure. I feel like the ho-hum final season of Thrones has soured people on this sort of stuff for a while – although HBO is still moving forward with spin-offs. Maybe if those Thrones spin-offs succeed, Eyes of the Dragon will get a second chance.

spideymanNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy