Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Steve makes RARE cameo in Gotham!

Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple computer, sponsor of the US Festivals, sponsor of San Jose museums and arts groups, teacher and practical joker, will be doing a cameo in the film Gotham Cafe portraying an irate diner.

Another very cool Steve! ;D

Comments

• So can we make recommendations on film festivals?
  • Recommend away!
  • Laura wrote: Here's my choice:

http://www.miamifilmfestival.com/about.asp

Guess we will all be getting our suntan lotion ready!

We will be happy to submit the film to Miami after the conditions of submission for Cannes and Sundance are met.

If Miami wants us Gotham Cafe will make the trip.

Whether the actors do or not is up to their schedules.
  • TurtleBay wrote:

Guess we will all be getting our suntan lotion ready!

We will be happy to submit the film to Miami after the conditions of submission for Cannes and Sundance are met.

If Miami wants us Gotham Cafe will make the trip.

Whether the actors do or not is up to their schedules.

Hopefully we see Gotham Cafe also on a festval here in the Netherlands ;)
  • SKSM wrote:

Hopefully we see Gotham Cafe also on a festval here in the Netherlands  ;)

We are so thankful to all our wonderful Gotham fans in the Netherlands and the support they have given us.

Rest assured we will eventually get there. Everything's Eventual after all.

There is a format for submissions to festivals and we have an expert in film festivals helping us out.

Gotham has to go to the major markets first. It will run the film festival circuit for three years, everything has a proper order. The person handling film festivals is on top of this.

BTW, there will be a major Gotham announcement on or around August 4 or the week thereabouts.

Stay tuned-
  • [quote author=TurtleBay

BTW, there will be a major Gotham announcement on or around August 4 or the week thereabouts.

Stay tuned-

I want to add Minneapolis to the list of cities for consideration.

Also just want to say you guys are such teases...lol
  • TurtleBay wrote:

There is a format for submissions to festivals and we have an expert in film festivals helping us out.

Gotham has to go to the major markets first. It will run the film festival circuit for three years, everything has a proper order. The person handling film festivals is on top of this.

Stay tuned-

You guys are teases! How about hints? Is it about filming dates? Or something else?
  • Laura wrote:

You guys are teases!  How about hints?  Is it about filming dates?  Or something else?

I can say it is something that will only happen once in the history of Gotham Cafe.

:-X
  • ;DYou're playing with us now.  Not nice!  

:'(OK.  I'll be lurking, and waiting.  But not patiently! By the way - you've mixed up your codes. You have to do the (b) before the (/b) :P
  • Laura wrote: ;DYou're playing with us now.  Not nice!  

:'(OK.  I'll be lurking, and waiting.  But not patiently! By the way - you've mixed up your codes.  You have to do the (b)  before the (/b) :P

Don't worry, your lurking and waiting will pay off. I have to wait for others to announce things first.

Yes, I have a hard time typing let alone getting html codes right :)

BTW the leading man in Gotham, Ingo Rademacher has a great article in the Los Angeles Times Calendar section coming out Thursday. In it he talks about Gotham Cafe.
  • Ingo's been a huge favorite of mine for quite some time, so I am definitely looking forward to the LA Times piece on Thursday.

Ingo and a Steven King story. What a combo! But I've never been known for my patience. 8)
  • Looks like the LA Times cut out all the news about Gotham Café  :-[

Here's the piece.
    MY FAVORITE WEEKEND: INGO RADEMACHER

He's a bay watcher, but not for bikinis

Leslee Komaiko

Ingo RADEMACHER plays a corporate raider on ABC's "General Hospital," but in real life he sits on the board of Heal the Bay. The native of Letmathe, Germany, was inspired to get involved with the Santa Monica-based environmental organization several years ago when he was kayaking off the coast and saw the ocean littered with plastic bags after a rainfall. "One of the most important things is to teach people not to throw things into the gutter," he says. "Plastic bags and cigarette butts: Those things don't break down." Rademacher is also outfitting his new Venice home with solar panels. "This will supply all the electricity for the house," he says. "It's one of the best things you can do to keep the air clean."

Dropping a paddle

Saturday morning starts with a kayak paddle either in Marina del Rey or out on the ocean. I go with my workout buddy Mike Newman — he played "Newmie" on "Baywatch." We've been training together for a long time, since '94.

We're out on the water by 8:30 or 9 and we go for an hour or an hour and a half. We start off slow, sizing each other up to see who is doing better that day. Usually it turns into a race toward the end.

A "surf-ski" is the type of kayak we paddle. They're 19 feet long, 1 foot wide and weigh 30 pounds. When we paddle out of the marina, we overtake the boats.

His mantra is fitness

Usually I throw in a yoga class on Saturday. There's this place on Abbot Kinney called Yoga and Spinning; they've got a thing called Yoga for Athletes. It's an intense class; you sweat like crazy. Basically it's just exercise, not from the spiritual point of view. But that's something I do as well. I did my kundalini yoga teacher training at Golden Bridge in L.A.

I ride my beach cruiser a lot. I don't like to drive, and that's why I like living in Venice. At the moment I've been doing a lot of searching for things for the house. It's so much easier to jump on the bike.

It's gotta be organic

Saturday night I don't go out very much. I'm more of a homebody. But I do go to a place called Wabi-Sabi. I get sashimi, nothing else. Other than that I don't eat out a lot because there's nothing organic. The only places I eat out at around here are Real Food Daily and Figtree's Cafe on the boardwalk in Venice. Real Food Daily is only vegetarian. Figtree's has more of a range.

Sometime during the weekend I go down to Abbot's Habit, my little coffee shop, and get a coffee, black with milk.

Two-wheeled thrills

Sunday it's usually a motorcycle ride in the canyons — on the roads, not the trails. I have a Honda CBR 1000 RR. It's one of the fastest bikes around right now. We get a group together; Francesco Quinn, Anthony Quinn's son, he's a really good rider. Sometimes I also go to the racetrack with ["NYPD Blue" star] Mark-Paul Gosselaar: California Speedway, Fontana or Buttonwillow. On Fontana we hit about 160. But when you're doing 160 on a track it really doesn't feel like 160. It feels like 80.

If we go in the canyons it's Malibu Hills. We go to a place called the Rock Store, a huge bikers' meeting place on weekends. We look at everyone else's bikes, have coffee and maybe get some breakfast.

Sunday night I love to go to Moonshadows. They have this great patio with a tiki bar — like a little straw hut. And there's a DJ. It's like cocktails and dreams, that island feel I love.

— Leslee Komaiko

• Bastards!

Thanks for posting this, though.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Bastards!

Now don't mince words!   ;D