Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bev's TV Series 2020

edited December 2020 in Free for all
  • Doctor Who (BBC America)
  • Watchmen (HBO)
  • You S2 (Netflix)
  • Star Trek: Picard (CBS)
  • Mrs. Fletcher (HBO)
  • The Outsider (HBO)
  • The Stranger (Netflix)
  • Occupied S2 (Netflix)
  • Occupied S3 (Netflix)
  • Big Little Lies S2 (Amazon)
  • Hillary (Hulu)
  • Westworld S3 (HBO)
  • Self-Made (Netflix)
  • ZeroZeroZero (Amazon)
  • Star Trek: Discovery S1, S2 (CBS)
  • The Good Fight S1, S2. S3, S4 (CBS)
  • Ozark S3 (Netflix)
  • Bosch S6 (Amazon)
  • After Life S2 (Netflix)
  • The Good Wife S1, S2, S3. S4, S5, S6, S7 (CBS)
  • Dead To Me S2 (Netflix)
  • Babylon Berlin S3 (Netflix)
  • Patton Oswalt: I Love Everything (Netflix)
  • Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill (Netflix)
  • Into the Night (Netflix)
  • Bordertown S3 (Netflix)
  • Killing Eve S3 (BBC America)
  • The Valhalla Murders (Netflix)
  • Tales from the Loop (Amazon)
  • Reckoning (Netflix)
  • Marcella S3 (Netflix)
  • I'll Be Gone in the Dark (HBO)
  • Dark S3 (Netflix)
  • Dark S1 ((Netflix)
  • Paradox (Hulu)
  • Deadwind S2 (Netflix)
  • The Sinner S3 (USA)
  • Absentia S3 (Amazon)
  • The Woods (Netflix)
  • Columbo S1, S2, S3, S4 (IMDb TV)
  • The Rain S3 (Netflix)
  • Perry Mason S1 (HBO)
  • Lovecraft Country (HBO)
  • Money Heist S1, S2, S3, S4 (Netflix)
  • All Creatures Great and Small (BritBox)
  • 56 Up (BritBox)
  • Life On Mars S1, S2 (BritBox)
  • Prime Suspect: Tennison (Amazon)
  • Away (Netflix)
  • Our Man in Japan (Amazon)
  • Money Heist: The Phenomenon (Netflix)
  • Criminal: UK S2 (Netflix)
  • The Great British Baking Show (Netflix)
  • The Haunting of Bly Manor (Netflix)
  • The Amazing Race
  • Star Trek: Discovery S3 (CBS)
  • The Amazing Race (CBS)
  • Staged S1 (Hulu)
  • Emily in Paris (Netflix)
  • The Queen's Gambit (Netflix)
  • The Crown (Netflix)
  • The Undoing (HBO)
  • Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
  • This Is US (ABC)
  • Good Morning, Verônica (Netflix)
  • Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)
  • The Flight Attendant (HBO Max)
  • The Stand (CBS)
  • The Deuce S3 (HBO)
  • Call the Midwife (PBS - Xmas Special)

Comments

• Did you ever watch 3%?  I started it and was intrigued, but lost steam.  Even though I would still like to know the final outcome.  I am still interested in that.  But the episodes themselves ....for whatever reason that I can't put my finger on, made my interest fizzle.
  • No, I've never seen that one. 
  • Quirlte liked,

Servant (Apple TV+)

Dracula ((BBC 1 , Netflix)

Hunters (Amazon Prime Video)

Locke & Key (Netflix)

The Outsider ( HBO)
  • I've been circling Afterlife, is it good?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I've been circling Afterlife, is it good?
    Gervais is always interesting. About 33% of any given series is really cringingly awkward, but the rest of it is sensitive and thought-provoking, funny and witty. So if you can put up with the stuff that makes you cringe, then it is very worthwhile. 

The other thing is that it's very short -- season 2 is 6-half hour episodes, so you could watch it all in one or two sittings.

The scenes between Gervais and the elderly woman he meets in the graveyard are the best bits, but I'd recommend it -- so long as you don't mind some extremely foul language.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • If the cringe serves the story, I can back it.  I'll check it out this weekend.
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • I haven't watched season two of After Life yet but the first season was excellent, as Bev says if you don't mind harsh language then you should enjoy it.
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I've seen S1 of After Life and thought it was brilliant, am going to start S2 soon. There are some very sad/sobering moments, I think he's a very strong actor. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • It's a real tear-jerker. Gervais' range and insight is fantastic.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Okay, I just finished season 1 and 2 of Afterlife.  That was brilliant.  And yes, Gervais is so good in this role.  That last scene of season 2 -- i was sobbing watching the huge tug of war being waged.  And Ricky brought it all to that moment.  So intense and believable.  

Apparently we won't see a season 3 until 2021 because of covid.  That is a true disappointment.  
    GNTLGNT
  • I've watched four episodes of season two of After Life so far and I am loving it, sad and thought provoking and laugh out loud funny. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    I've watched four episodes of season two of After Life so far and I am loving it, sad and thought provoking and laugh out loud funny. 
    Have you seen his earlier series, Derek?
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    I've watched four episodes of season two of After Life so far and I am loving it, sad and thought provoking and laugh out loud funny. 
    Have you seen his earlier series, Derek?
    Yes Bev I have, I liked it. I remember my daughter was critical of it as she thought Gervais was mocking people with disabilities but I told her that wasn't the case, Gervais was showing that although Derek had disabilities he had the same Hope's and feelings and needs as everyone else. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Updated
    Dead to Me is another excellent series. I've seen season 1 and will probably watch S2 when I've finished After Life and Killing Eve. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Updated
    Dead to Me is another excellent series. I've seen season 1 and will probably watch S2 when I've finished After Life and Killing Eve. 
    I'm about 3 in first season and paused to move to other things.  Need to get back to it.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I started the Seinfeld one and got bored and bailed.  I'll finish it at some point. Hopefully it picks up.
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • I started the Seinfeld one and got bored and bailed.  I'll finish it at some point. Hopefully it picks up.
    The first half was the best part, in our opinion.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
    ...ok....true confession......I need to read more closely.....thought you wrote you got "bored and BALLED".....damn Deej!....you go girl :D
    NotaroHedda GablerHollyGolightlyNeesy
    The first half was the best part, in our opinion.
    uh oh.
    GNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    What did you think of Into the Night?  I personally really liked it.

A group of very diverse people board a plane with a lot of racism, bigotry, preconceived ideas, and all the other isms -- and now they are forced to work together and form a trembly trust to survive.  

Again, I always watch in the language it was filmed in.  Forces me to focus and give it the attention it deserves.  I can't multi-task. 

Familiar faces from other foreign shows I've watched.
    GNTLGNT
  • What did you think of Into the Night?  I personally really liked it.

A group of very diverse people board a plane with a lot of racism, bigotry, preconceived ideas, and all the other isms -- and now they are forced to work together and form a trembly trust to survive.  

Again, I always watch in the language it was filmed in.  Forces me to focus and give it the attention it deserves.  I can't multi-task. 

Familiar faces from other foreign shows I've watched.
    I'm only two episodes into it. It has a strong vibe of The Langoliers. It's pretty tense. Extremely multicultural.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I'm also currently watching Bordertown.  
    GNTLGNT
  • I'm in the middle of the three-episode segment in season 3.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I'm in the middle of the three-episode segment in season 3.
    I'm still on season one, second storyline.
    GNTLGNT
  • I'm in the middle of the final two-parter.
    GNTLGNT