Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

SHORT STORY COMPILATION

Still no plans for gathering your greatest hits into one book?  
Notaro

Comments

• Not at the moment. I have two four-story compilations out there that would give people a good sampling of my stories. Next up, though, is a novella -- my longest piece of fiction ever published.
    Notaro
  • Is this written and being put together as you speak?  Is there a tentative date of publish?
  • Yes, it's a project I did together with Brian Keene -- we each wrote a novella while listening to a playlist created by the other author. We have a deal for a limited hardcover and maybe a paperback, but this COVID thing has slowed things down a little.
    Notaro
  • edited March 2020
    Dang.  I hope once we get past this, things will pick up quickly.  Keep us posted!
    Notaro
  • Yes, it's a project I did together with Brian Keene -- we each wrote a novella while listening to a playlist created by the other author. We have a deal for a limited hardcover and maybe a paperback, but this COVID thing has slowed things down a little.
    That is such a brilliant idea! Who came up with this? Did you find you really tried to influence each other's writing into a specific direction? Do the end product/s go wildly off base from what you might have predicted?
    Notaro
  • We've been talking about this project for well over a decade. We knew we shared some musical tastes and wildly diverged in others. We didn't really try to influence the other person's writing so much as create a mood. My story had virtually nothing to do with the songs Brian picked for me, but listening to nothing else while I wrote created a mood, for sure. 
  • Anxious to see it in print.
    Notaro
  • We've been talking about this project for well over a decade. We knew we shared some musical tastes and wildly diverged in others. We didn't really try to influence the other person's writing so much as create a mood. My story had virtually nothing to do with the songs Brian picked for me, but listening to nothing else while I wrote created a mood, for sure. 
    Anxious to see it in print.
    Me too! I think it's such a clever idea. 
    Notaro