Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

It Is The Tale

edited April 2020 in Short Stories
Please forgive me if I missed this in your list.  I looked and maybe my eyes just skimmed over it.

Anyway, I read this today from The Best of Shivers.  What it reminds me of is a more modern day Ghost Story old-man club thing.  Sorry, I forget if they had an official name for themselves.  And Stephen had that piece about the pregnant girl and the guy from the club came out to help her???? It's all very fuzzy, I forget the name of the story.  But, Bev's tale is a group of young college men meeting weekly to tell stories.

Without giving any spoilers.  I agree. When someone says, "don't,"  -- don't.

Good work.

Comments

• Thanks -- inspired in part by my college days.
  • There are two types of people who are scared.  The ones who flee and the ones who fight.  While I would not ultimately win any initial boo! beat down, I would fight.  I would physically do something.  Not to the extreme of your character obviously, but I would hit out for sure to protect myself.  But that would be my first knee-jerk at being scared by someone.  So, they risk a punch in the face.   :D

Once that surge of adrenaline passed, I would be relieved and calm the hell down.  Your character just got pissed!!!  

The moral of the story, be careful who you mess with and no means no.

• ...they didn't have a name that I can remember...just "The Club" and it was "The Breathing Method" by Steve.....Peter's was the  "Chowder Society".....
  • Thanks! I could not remember any of that.  Old, you know.
  • Thanks! I could not remember any of that.  Old, you know.

• I love these two old guys.
  • I love these two old guys.

GNT and I if we ever actually meet up, wailing on the world in general and each other....lol
  • ghost19 said:
    I love these two old guys.

GNT and I if we ever actually meet up, wailing on the world in general and each other....lol
    ....oh lawd, lawd, lawd, yes!!!!.....