Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

edited December 2021 in Free for all
Anyone watching this Tiger King thing?  I'm hearing so much buzz but afraid to see animal abuse.

Comments

• ....as opposed to viewer abuse?..... :D
  • Margaret Atwood's Hulu Doc.

Atlanta's Missing and Murder, part 1.  This is really interesting.  I remember this. I was so glad when they caught the killer.  But, did he really kill them all?  Was he the killer really or just some unstable guy willing to take the fall, allowing the police to just lump all the murders on him without proper investigating.

Two more episodes to go on this.  I'm curious where this is leading.
  • edited April 2020
    Okay, so I broke down and watched Tiger King.  The whole thing was tragic.  My biggest concern was the animals.  The humans were losers.  I don't care much what happens to them.  Horrible thing to say.  Joe Exotic is upset he's locked in a cage.  Boo hoo.  Look what you did to those poor animals.  You'll get better treatment than you dished out.
  • ....I seriously don't understand the fascination for these dumpster fires of humanity.....
  • edited April 2020
    I watched it out of boredom.  And I gave up my time to crap.  Disgusting people all the way around.
  • ....you gave up your time to crap?.....WTF??.....you have scheduled potty time like Sheldon?....
  • silly boy!   I have to watch how I word things around you, it ends up very different than what I intended.
  • silly boy!   I have to watch how I word things around you, it ends up very different than what I intended.
    ......really?......I hadn't noticed......hum, dee, dum, dee, dim....
  • I'm so sorry, Hedda! I feel responsible. 
  • edited April 2020
    I'm so sorry, Hedda! I feel responsible. 
    No way!  I've had a ton of people tell me to watch it, you aren't responsible.  I have free will. I could've stopped any time.   But once you start, you just can't look away. Right? I had to finish it.   It just got crazier and crazier.  These people were just worthless!  I hope as many of those animals as possible have a good life now.  

I love documentaries so I'm glad I watched it just to be able to understand what everyone was talking about.   Even though it was crap (in the quality of people and the mistreatment of animals.)
    Oooh, Susan... what was that like? I might try it one day!  :p :D 
  • Tiger King is car crash tv, it baffles me why you would give a platform to a bunch of drug addicted gun waving paranoid ego maniacs, as if anyone actually cared about anything they had to say. Those poor animals stuck in the middle of all that madness and chaos, dependent on people who see them as nothing but a cash flow.
    Notaro said:
    Tiger King is car crash tv, it baffles me why you would give a platform to a bunch of drug addicted gun waving paranoid ego maniacs, as if anyone actually cared about anything they had to say. Those poor animals stuck in the middle of all that madness and chaos, dependent on people who see them as nothing but a cash flow.
    And now apparently there is some Tiger King after show interiew thing that I'm going to have to watch too.  

It's not that I care what they have to say, it's like an anthropological study on this tribe of people, a voyeuristic study--the car crash aspect.  I've gotta follow it to the end now.
  • Watch Part 2 of Atlanta's Missing and Murdered.
  • edited April 2020
    Anyone got a good Documentary they've seen or heard about?  I tell you, nothing is jumping out at me.  Something Netflix does that I think is very tactical, those thumbnail photos they put up?  It's like a book.  And I DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. So I judge a show by its thumbnail.  But the tactical part is when they change-up those thumbnails and give me a new picture. 

Something that didn't catch my attention before might with a whole new picture.  I'll take the time to click on it and read the description if that visual stimulates me.  

;) 
  • Anyone got a good Documentary they've seen or heard about?  I tell you, nothing is jumping out at me.  Something Netflix does that I think is very tactical, those thumbnail photos they put up?  It's like a book.  And I DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. So I judge a show by its thumbnail.  But the tactical part is when they change-up those thumbnails and give me a new picture. 

Something that didn't catch my attention before might with a whole new picture.  I'll take the time to click on it and read the description if that visual stimulates me.  

;) 
    This is pretty good Hedda, I'm on season two now, 

https://g.co/kgs/o3ACn3
  • Notaro said:
    Anyone got a good Documentary they've seen or heard about?  I tell you, nothing is jumping out at me.  Something Netflix does that I think is very tactical, those thumbnail photos they put up?  It's like a book.  And I DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. So I judge a show by its thumbnail.  But the tactical part is when they change-up those thumbnails and give me a new picture. 

;) 

Ooh, I like British crime I'm going to check this one out too. Thanks Notaro!
  • Oh wait, this is the Documentaries thread....! 
    That would have come across really creepy then. Hahahahahahahahaha..
    (I meant I like British crime in Fiction! :D )
    Notaro
  • Notaro said:

;) 

FlakeNoir said:
    Oh wait, this is the Documentaries thread....! 
    That would have come across really creepy then. Hahahahahahahahaha..
    (I meant I like British crime in Fiction! :D )
    I'm going to check it out too!  Although, I have a nagging feeling I may have already seen it.   :D
  • edited April 2020
    Watched Grey Gardens for the oh, bazillionth time.   I absolutely find Big Edie and Little Edie fascinating.  I felt sort of icky voyeuristic, but I can never look away.

It still boggles me that Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (relative)  did not step up and bring in The Propery Brothers (they weren't even a gleam in their daddy's eye yet, but had they been even babies at the time, I'm sure anything they could have done with alphabet blocks and sippy cups would have been an improvement) or someone to do a renovation. She helped some after the embarrassment of it became public, but did she step in the way she should have?  NO.  She was sitting on her pile of cash watching these mentally ill and vulnerable people, FAMILY, live in squalor and dangerous conditions.  

Sure. Rich people are sick of someone always having their hand out, but this is family and this was a dire situation.  Not just some old lady that was lazy and needed to get a job.  They were mentally unstable and unfit for the real world.  Jackie wears a coat of shame for this.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this, I recommend it highly.  And then watch the mockumentary, Documentary Now!  called "Shady Passages."  It stars Bill Hader and Fred Armisen.  I felt a bit guilty finding it so hilarious.

There is also another documentary on them called That Summer.  It's very good too.  
  • Watched Grey Gardens for the oh, bazillionth time.   I absolutely find Big Edie and Little Edie fascinating.  I felt sort of icky voyeuristic, but I can never look away.

It still boggles me that Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (relative)  did not step up and bring in The Propery Brothers (they weren't even a gleam in their daddy's eye yet, but had they been even babies at the time, I'm sure anything they could have done with alphabet blocks and sippy cups would have been an improvement) or someone to do a renovation. She helped some after the embarrassment of it became public, but did she step in the way she should have?  NO.  She was sitting on her pile of cash watching these mentally ill and vulnerable people, FAMILY, live in squalor and dangerous conditions.  

Sure. Rich people are sick of someone always having their hand out, but this is family and this was a dire situation.  Not just some old lady that was lazy and needed to get a job.  They were mentally unstable and unfit for the real world.  Jackie wears a coat of shame for this.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this, I recommend it highly.  And then watch the mockumentary, Documentary Now!  called "Shady Passages."  It stars Bill Hader and Fred Armisen.  I felt a bit guilty finding it so hilarious.

There is also another documentary on them called That Summer.  It's very good too.  
    I still haven't gotten round to watching Grey Gardens yet, you mentioned it to me before, I started to watch it but only got a few minutes in and had to leave it and never managed to get back to it. I guess with all the free time I have at the moment it's probably a good time to try it again