Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tom Gordon movie

edited July 2004 in Adaptations
Fangoria reports: "Romero’s adaptation of Stephen King’s THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON, is waiting in the wings and could also roll by mid-2005."

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2523

Comments

• Romero briefly talks about this adaptation in an interview at the "Ain't It Cool News" Web site (www.aintitcool.com).

Basically, he says it's still a possibility, but it doesn't sound like there's anything concrete in the works. He did say that Dakota Fanning, the young actress who was to be in the film, is no longer in the running thanks to the advice of a new agent.

Blu
  • That's a shame. I saw her in a Denzel Washington film (Man on Fire) on the flight back from Newark yesterday and she would have been perfect.
  • I agree Bev, Dakota was an excellent choice!
  • From what Romero said in that interview, it was after "Man On Fire" came out that her agent took her out of the running for "Gordon." Basically, he said they were looking for "Oscar-caliber" roles for her.

Blu
  • I thought Dakota was superb in "Taken", the Steven Spielberg mini-series, but what I'm noticing is that she has "Hayley Joel Osmet" syndrome where she is a popular young actress who all of a sudden becomes suitable for everything. :) TGWLTG is not one of my favourite books, but having read it, I think she would be okay, although I would prefer an unknown.

Lin
  • Basically, he said they were looking for "Oscar-caliber" roles for her.
    >:(

....and TG is a perfect opportunity for any young actress!

I suggest the agent(s) actually read the book first!
  • Stephen King’s 1999 short novel “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon” is set to get a film adaptation which will be produced by George A. Romero’s former wife Chris Romero, Roy Lee (“IT”), Jon Berg (“Doctor Sleep”) and celebrated short film producer Ryan Silbert.

The story follows a young girl named Trisha McFarland who gets lost while hiking with her recently divorced mother and brother in the woods. Nine years old and scared of the dark, she winds up stumbling through the woods for days, wandering farther and farther from civilization even as she tries to make her way back.

As she walks, dehydration, hunger, and exhaustion cause her to hallucinate several people including her baseball player idol Tom Gordon. She also begins to believe that she’s being stalked by a supernatural beast known as The God of the Lost – and her ordeal becomes a test of both her sanity and her ability to fight for life.

A search for a writer to tackle the script is underway. George Romero was initially involved in a Tom Gordon adaptation in the early 2000s but the project stalled and Romero passed away in 2017.

>>> Source

•  Village Roadshow Pictures has optioned Stephen King’s psychological horror novel, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which will be adapted for the screen by Christy Hall, the co-creator and executive producer of the Netflix series, I Am Not Okay With This.

Jon Berg of Stampede Ventures is producing the project alongside It Chapter Two and Doctor Sleep producer Roy Lee of Vertigo, Christine Romero, the former wife of the late George Romero who is best known for the Living Dead films, and Origin Story’s Ryan Silbert.

>>> Source

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Lynne Ramsay to Direct Stephen King Adaptation 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon'

Village Roadshow is backing the project that adapts King's 1999 book. Lynne Ramsay, who last directed the acclaimed thriller You Were Never Really Here, has come aboard to direct The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Village Roadshow’s adaptation of the Stephen King novel. Christine Romero, the former wife of late horror filmmaker George A. Romero, is producing with  It producer Roy Lee of Vertigo Films as well as Ryan Silbert of Origin Story and Jon Berg through Stampede Ventures.

Christy Hall, who co-created Netflix’s I’m Not Okay With This, wrote the script with Ramsay. Andrew Childs will executive produce and Village Roadshow Pictures’ exec vp of content, Jillian Apfelbaum, will oversee production, which is expected to begin shooting next year.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19
  • ....great news!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19