Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Games, Gaming, Gamers

edited June 2020 in Free for all
I do not play video games.  I've said this a bazillion times, but I would never get past the first 5 minutes without at least dying the allotted amount of times.

I watch my son play.  And I watch gaming personalities play games.  And I sit and shout at them, ridicule their decisions and their abilities.  Yeah. That's right.  It's easy getting all big and self-righteous when you don't have a controller in your hands and the game play isn't up to you.

I recently watched a playthrough of this:

pbstwimgcomprofile_images124293756955969536

which is linked to and I also watched:

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker  Launch Trailer  PS4

and also connected to which I have also watched:

The Shapeshifting Detective Review  GameGrin

I enjoyed every single one.

GNTLGNTNotarocatFlakeNoir

Comments

• Just watched a demo of this:

Save 10 on My Beautiful Paper Smile on Steam

Interesting style.

• currently watching a playthrough of an old Silent Hill.  Thank God in heaven it doesn't have the guy with the traffic cone on his head.  Pyramid dumb ass.   This is the dumbest concept for a creature.   :D

I think I'm watching Silent Hill 1 -- we're awfully worried about Cheryl.

Silent Hill 1 Gameplay Movie - Part 1 - YouTube
  • I watch these guys.

Scary Game Squad:

Get ready to uncork your butts people the Scary Game Squad is
  • and Markiplier,

YouTube reinstates accounts of Markiplier fans banned for emote
  • John Wolfe

John Wolfe  Wikitubia  Fandom
  • Mr. Kravin

MrKravin  Wikitubia  Fandom
  • currently watching a playthrough of an old Silent Hill.  Thank God in heaven it doesn't have the guy with the traffic cone on his head.  Pyramid dumb ass.   This is the dumbest concept for a creature.   :D

Silent Hill is partly inspired by the Pennsylvania town of Centralia, which is the setting for my short story "Centralia is Still Burning"
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • I just spent a ton of time with a gamer who played the complete Rusty Lake universe.  I can't remember his damn name but I enjoyed him.  He was wicked smart solving the hard puzzles and as obtuse as can be when it came to things so easy.  Great game if you love to solve riddles and puzzles.

Rusty Lake Paradise review - A bizarre point-and-click adventure
  • edited June 2020
    I like the scary games myself.  Anyone else who does gaming care to recommend a great scary game to watch?

Silent Hill is partly inspired by the Pennsylvania town of Centralia, which is the setting for my short story "Centralia is Still Burning"
    Are you a gamer, Bev?  Have you ever been asked to be involved with a video game script or concept?
  • Are you a gamer, Bev?  Have you ever been asked to be involved with a video game script or concept?
    No, I've never been a gamer. I missed out on the Dungeons and Dragons craze in the 70s and never really got involved in console games. I was terrible at even the simplest games my daughter wanted to play! Angry Birds is about the extent of my gaming!
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir

....and I love old Pyramid Head.....may be dumb, but is at least unique amongst villians....
    NotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir

....excellent story, and the simmering flames are outstanding story fodder.....
    NotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I like the scary games myself.  Anyone else who does gaming care to recommend a great scary game to watch?
    I used to play playstation and Wii and Gameboy, lost interest, still have them tucked away somewhere though. Resident Evil was pretty creepy, And I liked Silent Hill as well,  the Alien Trilogy game had plenty of atmosphere,  a game called Sniper Elite was fairly tense. 
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    currently watching a playthrough of an old Silent Hill.  Thank God in heaven it doesn't have the guy with the traffic cone on his head.  Pyramid dumb ass.   This is the dumbest concept for a creature.   :D

....and I love old Pyramid Head.....may be dumb, but is at least unique amongst villians....
    Everybody does!  My kid thinks he's great!  I'm the cheese who stands alone on my thoughts on construction cone head.  :D ;)
    NotarocatGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    I like the scary games myself.  Anyone else who does gaming care to recommend a great scary game to watch?
    I used to play playstation and Wii and Gameboy, lost interest, still have them tucked away somewhere though. Resident Evil was pretty creepy, And I liked Silent Hill as well,  the Alien Trilogy game had plenty of atmosphere,  a game called Sniper Elite was fairly tense. 
    I think I've made it through all the incarnations of Resident Evil.  Those were good.  I've watched a game where there is an Alien loose on ship and you have to open and close doors and move through the ship doing tasks.  Not sure if that is the same game as you mention as the Alien Trilogy or if it's a like-minded type game.
    NotarocatGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The one game I enjoyed recently was the Stranger Things 8-bit throwback game that was released for iOS just before Season 2. That was fun. I used to play those sorts of text adventures and low-res graphics games when I was in college. 
  • Notaro said:
    I think I've made it through all the incarnations of Resident Evil.  Those were good.  I've watched a game where there is an Alien loose on ship and you have to open and close doors and move through the ship doing tasks.  Not sure if that is the same game as you mention as the Alien Trilogy or if it's a like-minded type game.
    That sounds like Alien; Isolation, never played it myself but I believe it's good.
  • The one game I enjoyed recently was the Stranger Things 8-bit throwback game that was released for iOS just before Season 2. That was fun. I used to play those sorts of text adventures and low-res graphics games when I was in college. 
    While he likes the new games, my son likes these old looking video games too.  They have a lot of "dithering," a term I just learned.  I can't stand them.  bwhahaha!  I love the really slick and beautiful new games.

catGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    That sounds like Alien; Isolation, never played it myself but I believe it's good.
    I went and looked at some still shots of that, I think that is the one.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The Evil Within is a good, scary game. I got stuck and never finished it. But it made me jump and scream a few times. There is a 2nd game out now too, but I have not played it. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    currently watching a playthrough of an old Silent Hill.  Thank God in heaven it doesn't have the guy with the traffic cone on his head.  Pyramid dumb ass.   This is the dumbest concept for a creature.   :D

Everybody does!  My kid thinks he's great!  I'm the cheese who stands alone on my thoughts on construction cone head.  :D ;)
    Pyramid Head Pls Stop  Silent hill Silent hill art Pyramid head
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • ....I enjoyed first person shooters and horror games.....
    catFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I enjoyed first person shooters and horror games.....
    My kid likes first person shooters.  I think I know what that is.  Is Red Dead Redemption a first person shooter?

I love the horror games.  Some are pretty good and some are so lame!
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir