Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Hound of Bracketville

I submitted this story to an anthology at 10:30 yesterday morning and received an acceptance for it at 1:30 pm. Fastest turnaround I've had in a long time! I'll announce the book it will be in once I receive the contract.
FlakeNoirspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTOut of OrderKurbenLou_Sytsma

Comments

• That's brilliant Bev, well done! 
    GNTLGNTOut of Order
  • Congratulations, Bev. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTOut of Order
  • Congratulations Bev, excellent news. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTOut of Order
  • Brilliant!
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTOut of Order
  • ....awesome possum!.....
    NotaroBevVincentOut of Order
  • The story will be in the anthology "Places We Fear to Tread" from Cemetery Gates Media. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderEdwardJohnGNTLGNTKurben
  • So cool!!!
    EdwardJohnBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Well done, Bev. :))
    BevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Very creative art work!
    spideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Cover art by: Cameron Ulam @Ulam_Writes

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....awesome art to match an awesome story I'm sure.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Cover art by: Cameron Ulam @Ulam_Writes

It tells me user not found.
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Very talented and cute as can be.  What beautiful, expressive eyes!
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Very talented and cute as can be.  What beautiful, expressive eyes!
    ....if her soul is as beautiful as her eyes.....dang!...
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • A nice review of the anthology that says this about my story:

Ahh, yes! I loved the fantastical moments in this story. There is intrigue, mystery, fantasy, and even some fun creature feature moments. One of my favorite things I personally gleaned from the story is the reminder that just because you think you’re in control doesn’t necessarily mean that you are. Watching characters navigate that underlying theme always warms my heart.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited January 2022
    Got my copy today. Shout-out to Cameron Ulam for that cover art — neither of those links to him/her take us to him/her.

So Bev, the stories are about locations we can visit— not that i want to visit Texas. No offense. But the motel/bar — is this a place you stayed that inspired the story, or is it just a random amalgam of Texas hospitality places that will keep the light on for a weary traveler? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I've never been to Bracketville but parts of the dodgy motel is based on a place I stayed in Sanderson, TX. The bit about the next room's door opening when I closed mine, for example, and the marks on the door. That place was next to a peacock farm, as I discovered the next morning when they started SCREAMING at the crack of dawn.

Cameron is a she, by the way
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited January 2022
    I've never been to Bracketville but parts of the dodgy motel is based on a place I stayed in Sanderson, TX. The bit about the next room's door opening when I closed mine, for example, and the marks on the door. That place was next to a peacock farm, as I discovered the next morning when they started SCREAMING at the crack of dawn.

Cameron is a she, by the way
    Okay, now that's interesting.  It was an actual place with those things.  I love the peacock farm next door.  THat made me laugh because I had friends with peacocks and they make a lot of noise, and it was 2.  I can't imagine a farm of them.  I can see you coming out of a dead sleep with the screams!  :D :smile:

Nice job.  I wish I could write one damn story as smooth and clean as that.  You had me thinking something else was going on and then we took a little detour.  For me anyway.  I was positive something else was going:smile:

This book is quite hefty with stories.  I'm tickled to have this many to drop into.  

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Got my copy today. Shout-out to Cameron Ulam for that cover art — neither of those links to him/her take us to him/her.

So Bev, the stories are about locations we can visit— not that i want to visit Texas. No offense. But the motel/bar — is this a place you stayed that inspired the story, or is it just a random amalgam of Texas hospitality places that will keep the light on for a weary traveler? 
    Hi Hedda! 

Thank you for the compliments! :smile: Only now seeing this discussion after all this time...what a wonderful surprise...
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Cameron said:
    Got my copy today. Shout-out to Cameron Ulam for that cover art — neither of those links to him/her take us to him/her.

Hi Hedda! 

Thank you for the compliments! :smile: Only now seeing this discussion after all this time...what a wonderful surprise...

Also, I temporarily disabled my writing social media pages a while ago. However, my Instagram page is back up @Ulam_writes ;
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Welcome aboard, Cameron -- glad to see you here.
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirCameronHedda Gabler
  • ....indeed, a pleasure....
    FlakeNoirCameronHedda Gabler
  • ....and if I'm reading correctly, an Ohio native as well Cameron?....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir