Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

TERRIFYING Characters - On screen, on the page

Who have been characters so well written, or so well portrayed, that you found them terrifying?  

Two characters on screen that I found so scary are not the usual suspects or the most likely.

The child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was so creepy, I remember as a kid being afraid he was coming for me!

The Child Catcher  A Boogieman of the Silver Screen  The

My second one is Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus in Gladiator.  His performance was so well done.  I was afraid of him sitting in my living room.

Gladiator Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus Looking On 8 x 10 Inch Photo
FlakeNoirspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTcatSusanNortonSundrop

Comments

• The original and the best, Nick Castle's portrayal of Michael Myers is chilling, 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Omen 1976 - IMDb
    creepy little kid.   Has he ever given an interview as an adult speaking to what it was like to be in this movie?  I'd be interested.  I wonder if he went on to continue a career in Hollywood?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSusanNortonSundrop
  • Notaro said:
    The original and the best, Nick Castle's portrayal of Michael Myers is chilling, 

You are so right!  I remember seeing this in theaters.  I am one of these people who reacts to movies.  Physically. So you can imagine how I was jerking and spazzing all over the place every time this guy did his thang.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarocatSundrop
  • ....I find Charlie Manx to be very disquieting in print and from the video, this little shite!...

Classicman Film on Twitter Trilogy of Terror 1975 This
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarodoyoulove19catSusanNortonSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I find Charlie Manx to be very disquieting in print and from the video, this little shite!...

Classicman Film on Twitter Trilogy of Terror 1975 This
    Yes, even though you know this is a puppety doll thing, he was so scary!  It was those damn teeth! gnashing and all rippy lookin'.
    NotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • edited July 2020

Ohhh, good one.

She was absolutely terrifying.  Someone that represented authority, education and normal who had complete and unquestioned control over a person. 

She was vindictive and evil.  She knew what McMurphy was doing, and she knew exactly what she was doing.  Scary b**ch.
    NotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19GNTLGNTOut of OrdercatSusanNortonSundrop
  • Two iconic movie characters that to this day still have the power to make people jump, 

doyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of Ordercat
  • The creatures.... so scary.  I have a fear of deep open water like that. What's swimming beneath me?  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of Ordercat
  • edited July 2020
    This was a terrifying character for me for a different reason.  He was a victim. 

It was the first image on TV I saw that scared me, and it was but a split-second flash.  Without googaloogalin', do you know the movie from the still shot?

Eyes Pecked Out - The Birds 411 Movie CLIP 1963 HD GIF  Gfycat
    doyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSundrop
  • The Birds.
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSundrop
  • Well done!  give that man 6 silver dollars and a coupon for a car wash!
    doyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Omen 1976 - IMDb
    creepy little kid.   Has he ever given an interview as an adult speaking to what it was like to be in this movie?  I'd be interested.  I wonder if he went on to continue a career in Hollywood?
    Here's one from a convention last year.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • I'm suprised that no one has mentioned Chaos itself. The Joker. 

Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    The Omen 1976 - IMDb
    Here's one from a convention last year.

Oh thanks for finding that!  Very interesting.  People involved in creating something always fascinate me.  I don't care what job they had in the creation.  
    doyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop

He definitely has the longevity!
    doyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Both book and screen, she was successfully disturbing.  And, I'm guessing more so for people like you Bev, with fame and the proximity to fame. 

I'm sure there is a certain amount of wariness and vigilance in dealing with fans.  

doyoulove19GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatSundrop

He definitely has the longevity!
    The Joker isn't so much a character, rather a force of nature. He is a villain who will continue to re-invent himself. 
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat

• This guy!  I saw Star 80 as a youngster on HBO! Scarred for life!! 

I still can't watch Eric Roberts in anything without getting the heebie-jeebies!! :s
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSusanNortonSundrop
  • edited July 2020

This guy!  I saw Star 80 as a youngster on HBO! Scarred for life!! 

I still can't watch Eric Roberts in anything without getting the heebie-jeebies!! :s
    This is also a good one.  Eric Roberts was so scary.  Why oh why did Dorothy meet with Paul that last time?  
    GNTLGNTdoyoulove19NotaroFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSusanNorton
  • The creatures.... so scary.  I have a fear of deep open water like that. What's swimming beneath me?  
    ....lawd, lawd, lawd.....I'm with you there!!.....something eager to devour my dangly bits as a prelude to noshing on my spleen......
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19NotaroFlakeNoirOut of OrdercatSundrop