Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Gotcha!

edited July 2004 in Short Stories
My short story Gotcha!, a riff on the Cheaters TV program, has been accepted for Michael Bracken's anthology Sex, Lies and Private Eyes.

I'm not sure of the publication date yet, but probably sometime in 2005. I also have a story called Kane's Mutiny in Michael's Fedora III anthology due out this fall.

Comments

• way to go Bev! Keep on writing!
  • Thanks! This one has been in submission since February. Michael tells me it will be published in late spring or early summer 2005.

I added an Amazon link to my fiction page for Fedora III.
  • Well done, Bev :)
  • After three nears in limbo, I received word yesterday that the publisher has decided not to produce the anthology containing this story. In a way, this is good news. Why? Two reasons.

First of all, the Wildside Press hardcover anthologies are prohibitively expensive for most people. I don't know if more than a half dozen people read Fedora III, the other anthology from them that has one of my crime stories.

Secondly, because of an oversight on my part, the contract I signed for this story did not have a reversion clause, so Gotcha! has been tied up for a long time and I didn't have the rights to ask that it be released back to me, even when I had a pretty good idea this anthology would never see the light of day. Lesson learned -- I'll never make that mistake again, I hope.

So, that means I have a story back in my possession that I can start sending around again to other markets--and one that I think is pretty damned good!
  • Wow - three years! That's frigging brutal. Glad to hear you got it back.