Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Helen Wheels

edited November 2020 in Short Stories
I wrote this story three years ago for the XPrize short fiction contest. It didn't win, but I submitted it a few times since then and received word last night that it has been accepted for publication in 2021 in an anthology that I'll name when I get permission to do so.
NotarospideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirnot_nadineLou_SytsmaKurben

Comments

• Excellent news Bev, congratulations 🎉
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....well, that's mo money you're gonna cost me.....hell on my wallet..... :D
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • "Helen Wheels" fills the 3500-word slot in The Binge-Watching Cure III -- the Science Fiction Edition.

The Binge-Watching Cure will be an anthology of short stories of increasing size. The first story will be 100 words—anyone can read that. The next, 200 words. Then 500, then longer, all the way to novella length. By the time you’ve finished reading The Binge-Watching Cure, you’ll be able to tackle Joyce and Pynchon. Or at the very least, you’ll enjoy novels you hear about from friends and family. The Binge-Watching Cure will reignite your love for reading; it will better your life.

Just as you enter a cold swimming pool one body part at a time, get used to drinking beer sip by foamy sip, or learn to enjoy spicy food in little, fiery nibbles, The Binge-Watching Cure gradually acclimates you to reading longer and longer stories, until a novel-length book goes down smoothly, tasting sweet, and making you want more.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • "Helen Wheels" fills the 3500-word slot in The Binge-Watching Cure III -- the Science Fiction Edition.

The Binge-Watching Cure will be an anthology of short stories of increasing size. The first story will be 100 words—anyone can read that. The next, 200 words. Then 500, then longer, all the way to novella length. By the time you’ve finished reading The Binge-Watching Cure, you’ll be able to tackle Joyce and Pynchon. Or at the very least, you’ll enjoy novels you hear about from friends and family. The Binge-Watching Cure will reignite your love for reading; it will better your life.

Just as you enter a cold swimming pool one body part at a time, get used to drinking beer sip by foamy sip, or learn to enjoy spicy food in little, fiery nibbles, The Binge-Watching Cure gradually acclimates you to reading longer and longer stories, until a novel-length book goes down smoothly, tasting sweet, and making you want more.

....I don't need reignited, but I WOULD like to know when and where it's available.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Some time in 2021
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Some time in 2021
    ...keep us posted please.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Turns out there were some delays, but it's now slated for an October 2023 release.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited December 2023
    It's been a long road to publication day, but this book is now available for order!

This third edition of The Binge-Watching Cure is a menagerie of creatures and worlds reaching from one side of the galaxy to the other. In this all-Science Fiction book, you'll navigate the stars, explore alternate histories, see impossible realities, and ask yourself 'what is humanity's place in the great, cosmic expanse?' So, kick off your shoes, cure your binge-watching, and watch out for the ghost in the machine.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma