Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Out for Blood: The Story of Carrie the Musical

I was interviewed for Episode 1 of the Out for Blood podcast.

CARRIE THE MUSICAL has long been considered the Queen of Broadway Flops. It closed in record time, losing millions of dollars. But can the rumors of backstage chaos, on-stage accidents and audience hysterics really be true? Prepare to discover the surprising story behind the show’s creation and its infamously disastrous run. Two obsessive fans, Chris Adams and Holly Morgan, dust off their bootleg VHS tape and decide to find out the truth. They meet the cast, crew and creators, sift through the mysteries and urban legends, chat to some famous super-fans, and find out how Carrie rose from the dead and reinvented itself as a mainstream musical success story.

In episode 1, having rediscovered a dusty VHS bootleg of the show in the midst of a global pandemic, they dive into the roots of the ‘Carrie’ story with Stephen King expert and collaborator Bev Vincent, hear from the show’s lyricist Dean Pitchford about the musical’s origins, and chat to original workshop 'Carrie White' Annie Golden (Orange is the New Black, Hair, Desperately Seeking Susan) and her cast-mates Laura Dean and Julie Cohen about those heady early days. Join us on our social channels and share your feedback!

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Comments