Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Arts & Crafts

Getting the ball rolling as requested.

Last weekend made this little weaving. The circle is a little wonky as I've never done one before and decided to just wing it instead of finding a tutorial for how to do circles.

Here's what it looks like on the wall to give you some scale for size. I painted the ladder a couple years ago so guess that's another craft.

not_nadineHedda GablerspideymanNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesySundrop

Comments

• My first attempt at using alcohol ink on canvas. Was following a YouTube tutorial so not an original drawing or photo used for the scene but it fits into the other artwork on the wall. The middle scene (Craftsy class) is fabric on which painting has been added for the details and last is a fabric mosaic of a photo I'd taken at Zion Nat'l. Park. All of the mosaic pieces are about .5" squares. Yeah, I'm a little nuts. :)

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesySundrop
  • Very nice! I love the vibrant colors!
    MarshaspideymanKurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Very nice! I love the vibrant colors!

Thanks! I guess because it's part of SW decorating, I'm not as hesitant about using color here whereas in Maine everything is pastels and subdued. I even have an accent wall that is terra cotta. That would never have happened in Maine! :)
    spideymanHedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Your artistic abilities abound.  Beautiful work, @Marsha.  The SW feel shines through each project.
    MarshaNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    My first attempt at using alcohol ink on canvas. Was following a YouTube tutorial so not an original drawing or photo used for the scene but it fits into the other artwork on the wall. The middle scene (Craftsy class) is fabric on which painting has been added for the details and last is a fabric mosaic of a photo I'd taken at Zion Nat'l. Park. All of the mosaic pieces are about .5" squares. Yeah, I'm a little nuts. :)

The inks can make such realistic nature scenes. Terrific pieces. 
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • spideyman said:
    Your artistic abilities abound.  Beautiful work, @Marsha.  The SW feel shines through each project.

Thanks! It feels as much like home here as New England and I guess that comes through.
    Hedda GablerspideymanNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • The inks can make such realistic nature scenes. Terrific pieces. 

Thanks! Ok, now your turn to post something.  :)
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirSundrop
  • edited February 2021
    Speaking of inks, my boys and i did this as a gift for their  mom’s birthday. The boys dripped ink on each tile making sure to have that yellow in each corner to tie the tiles together.  After they dried, i added the flower embellishments and mounted them to a, i think it was a 10 x 10 canvas.  Is turned out so beautiful. 

MarshaNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcat
  • Crap, didn’t work right.  Well, it was pretty.
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Crap, didn’t work right.  Well, it was pretty.

Darn, would have loved to see it. It sounds like it would be very pretty.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • I’ll figure out how to do it when i get time.
    in the meantime , keep them coming!

and everyone, please. All art is valid. When someone inspires you by showing something , shows yours too!  

Don’t hold back.
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • I’ll figure out how to do it when i get time.
    in the meantime , keep them coming!

and everyone, please. All art is valid. When someone inspires you by showing something , shows yours too!  

Don’t hold back.

I second that. I love seeing other people's arts & crafts and how creative you all are.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Me too. I get inspired to try new things. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    Here it is

Dammit
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Marsha said:
    Getting the ball rolling as requested.

Last weekend made this little weaving. The circle is a little wonky as I've never done one before and decided to just wing it instead of finding a tutorial for how to do circles.

Here's what it looks like on the wall to give you some scale for size. I painted the ladder a couple years ago so guess that's another craft.

Looks fantastic Marsha. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    My first attempt at using alcohol ink on canvas. Was following a YouTube tutorial so not an original drawing or photo used for the scene but it fits into the other artwork on the wall. The middle scene (Craftsy class) is fabric on which painting has been added for the details and last is a fabric mosaic of a photo I'd taken at Zion Nat'l. Park. All of the mosaic pieces are about .5" squares. Yeah, I'm a little nuts. :)

Love the mosaic 😍
    KurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • ....again, this is a nice resurrection of a SKMB Thread....thanks Marsha and Deej!.....Marsha, your work has really come along, stellar crafting.... <3
    NotarocatFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesySundrop
  • ....Tracy crafts, but I also think her photos are artistic.....
    NotarocatHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesySundrop
  • edited February 2021
    Photography is art
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshacatSundrop
  • Photography is art
    ....I thought so, but didn't want to sound pretentious on her part.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacat
  • edited February 2021
    Not at all. Everyone has their art. Some people do very skilled elaborate things and some do simple things. But they all can bring a feeling and smile — and inspire.   I love seeing it all.  

Your dioramas are art and so cool.  I’ll post a goofy piece of art i just recently did and show that creativity can have many skill levels and they all are valid.

NotaroMarshacatGNTLGNT
  • Here it is

Dammit
    If you can't get it to work, email it to me if you want and I can flick it up for you?
    Hedda GablerMarshacatGNTLGNT
  • I’ll send the ink thing to you now until i can get a chance later to play and figure it out.
    FlakeNoirMarshacatGNTLGNT
  • Did you get it?
    MarshaFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT