Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Vacuum Gang

My short story "The Vacuum Gang" was just accepted to Mystery Weekly's anthology Die Laughing: An Anthology of Humorous Mysteries, which will be published in hardcover this summer.

This is the fourth (mis)adventure of the gang who first appeared in "The Bank Job," and had subsequent bad luck in "Sticky Business" and "The Lobster Trap."
Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTKurbencat

Comments

• I can’t take much more of this Mr. Prolific .  I’m gonna do some ordering.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • My short story "The Vacuum Gang" was just accepted to Mystery Weekly's anthology Die Laughing: An Anthology of Humorous Mysteries, which will be published in hardcover this summer.

This is the fourth (mis)adventure of the gang who first appeared in "The Bank Job," and had subsequent bad luck in "Sticky Business" and "The Lobster Trap."
    .....put the link up Maestro.....gotta check into those bunglers again.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • It's not available for order yet -- they're still taking submissions for the anthology.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It's not available for order yet -- they're still taking submissions for the anthology.

Did it involve a Hoover by any chance?

BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    ....well when all the submitting is submitted, I submit once again we need a link....
    38 Secrets You Didnt Know About The Twilight Zone  UrbanJoker
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • 415 stories submitted/44 stories accepted

DIE LAUGHING: AN ANTHOLOGY OF HUMOROUS MYSTERIES

Author Lineup (no particular order):
    Steve Shrott
    Ricky Sprague
    Bev Vincent
    Jonathan Stone
    Bill Kelly
    Michael Cebula
    Stephen J. Levinson
    William Sattelmeyer
    R.T. Lawton
    Glenn Eichler
    Robert Lopresti
    Michael Mallory
    Robert Mangeot
    Joseph S. Walker
    James Nolan
    Edward Lodi
    Michael Guillebeau
    Steve Beresford
    Sandra Murphy
    Martin Zeigler
    Jeffrey Hunt
    Mistah Pete
    Shakurra Amatulla
    Martin Hill Ortiz
    Michael Mordes
    Michael Wiley
    Brandon Barrows
    Chris Nelson
    Robert Bagnall
    Gary Pettigrew
    Feargus Woods Dunlop
    Todd Wells
    Jon Moray
    Daniel Galef
    Tim Miller
    Richard Lau
    David Messmer
    FC Pierce
    Charlotte Morganti
    Dustin Walker
    Raymond Bazowski
    D J Rout
    Howard of Warwick
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited February 2022
    Okay, i just got this today and I really like these guys. They are hilarious!  You could do a whole book of just them and it would be entertaining. 

I am very curious, where did you get this idea and how much actual research did you do to make it so realistic. I know you  had to do some—

man! I am too damn lazy to write.  I want to write whatever the hell I want and by god, just go with it. It’s my world, boss and what I say, goes!  

If i want a glock that shoots 10 ice bullets at once that breakdance, kill and then melt — you believe it!  F**k anyone who challenges my fictional world. 😉
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I was inspired for this particular story by something that happened in France. I'm always looking for caper ideas to give these guys something else to do. I have four stories featuring them already and do hope some day to have enough to put together in a single volume. I didn't do much research beyond finding the original inspiration, but when I came up with the idea for what goes wrong at the end, I had to look up something that would do what I wanted -- that was pretty easy.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited February 2022
    From france huh? You can’t say more?  I understand completely if you can’t or just don’t want to.  It’s a great idea for these guys. 

Without giving anything away — i totally believed this set up every step of the way. Yep, that could work. (Whether it could or couldn’t, i have no real clue, but you were very authoritative so I believed you.) 

nice job and funny! I hope there’s more from them soon. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Episode 111 of Lou’s podcast gives me answers. It was an actual similar crime in France that inspired you.  

This group of guys need a name like the Oceans 11 people or The Apple dumpling Gang.  They are a hoot. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I think of them as the gang that couldn't shoot straight, even though guns aren't part of their M.O. as a rule!
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir