Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New short story: Red Screen

In this unsettling short story, a city detective interrogates a deranged plumber who just murdered his wife, only to discover something far more insidious.

"RED SCREEN" is available in eBook format exclusively from Humble Bundle for one week only starting September 9th. Humble Bundle is a digital content retailer that builds charitable donations into each and every sale. Since 2010, The Humble Community has contributed over 199 million dollars to causes across the globe. In this special solo offering, 100 percent of proceeds will go to the ACLU, a charity handpicked by Stephen King.

"RED SCREEN" on Humble Bundle

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Interesting. I may try this.  How long a story  is it? Can we copy it out?
    GNTLGNT
  • It's 17 manuscript-format pages. Available in pdf, epub and mobi. Yes, it can be printed.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ....nice little "Scooby Snack" for the CR.....nice and nasty that is....
    Hedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....nice little "Scooby Snack" for the CR.....nice and nasty that is....
    Did you get it read? Review?
    GNTLGNT
  • Glad I was able to print it out.  There doesn't appear to be any way to download it to Kindle despite what they say.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....nice little "Scooby Snack" for the CR.....nice and nasty that is....
    Did you get it read? Review?
    ....yes'm....I downloaded it to my iPhone shortly after it became available and read it that night....took less than 10 minutes....struck me as a "bar napkin" kind of story....rather mundane, but with the classic Steve "gotcha" at the conclusion....it was an OK appetizer, but I wouldn't order it again....
    Hedda Gabler