Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Panic Room Radio Show

I'll be on the Panic Room Radio Show Thursday night at 10:30 Eastern to discuss DISSONANT HARMONIES and my novella "The Dead of Winter." You can even phone in and ask questions, I believe.
GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir

Comments

• edited October 2021
    First, I want to say that I think James and Xtina are probably very lovely people.  But man oh man, that podcast was a bit painful.  And 6 minute intro?  I mean, I enjoyed the songs, but I was ready to get into the interview.  And then there was a musical interlude in the middle? WTH? 

Awkward silences, loud unexpected noises.  James didn't mute his mic at times he should have because I kept hearing random weird shit that I was thinking I shouldn't hear.

You were a gracious interviewee, Bev.   And I gave you a bit of the side eye with the "would you eat human flesh" question.  That was a big no for me.  There would be no way I could do that knowing I was doing that.  Now, if someone slipped me a human tenderloin in the middle of a starvation situation without me knowing what it was?  I don't know. I don't know.   

But, if I knew what it was beforehand, nope.  couldn't do it because the mental would take over.  The knowing would kill me and I would starve.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • But the question remains -- mustard or ketchup?

I had listened to their interview with Rich Chizmar, so I knew what to expect. That's why I was prepared for the "favorite dinosaur" question (which was the only one they asked Rich because they ran out of time).
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • It would have to be mustard. That’s a pretty twangy condiment to hide the gaminess of human meat. 

Because, like deer meat tastes like what they’ve been dining on and can greatly affect the taste — i’m going to assume human meat would do the same. 

If i was dining on a strip steak from Zoe, she might taste very organic— like greens and fresh fruit from her Kibbutz. 

Harold on the other hand might taste sort of Coors and Taco Bell nacho-y with a hint of Marlboro and flop sweat. 

Mustard, baby. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2021
    But the question remains -- mustard or ketchup?

I had listened to their interview with Rich Chizmar, so I knew what to expect. That's why I was prepared for the "favorite dinosaur" question (which was the only one they asked Rich because they ran out of time).
    I’ll have to check and see if his interview is available still. 

I’ve been following his 30 days of October vids, really having fun with it because i grew up very close to him, so what he’s showing could’ve been my neighborhood just as easily.  Brings back a lot of memories. 
    And i find his sentimental reflections lovely. It makes me hope that I’m in Craig, or maybe Tim’s memories.  Awwww, two beautiful boys I crushed hard on.  

Have I made it to anyone’s highlight reel? I’ll never know.  But i hope so. With good feels like Richard has. 

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....he has the King-like gift of capturing the "real" doesn't he?....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir