Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

I caught a Whoopsees

edited July 2004 in Dark Tower
Pardon me if anyone had caught this already but I noticed a bit of a whoopsees in my second reading of S.o.S

On page 220 susannah is upset.

Mr. King wrote.."Why would Dave Garroway from the Today show be saying that the presidents little boy is dead,that John-John has been killed in a plane crash?"

John Jr didn't die until July 16, 1999.

The time frame they are in right now is June 1, 1999. Susannah looked at the newspaper she stole.

Now I know that time moves faster but I don't think that it has moved over a month in less than 6 hours.

Again, I beg anyones pardon if this has already been noticed. If not, I want credit for it. Perhaps an advanced or signed copy of DTVII?(Just kiddding. Maybe)

Comments

• It could be a consequence of the nature of reality warping and redefining itself, Ford.
  • OR........

It could just be that he made a boo-boo. He is fallible like the rest of us you know.
  • [b] [b]To Err Is Human! [/b] [/b]
  • In that reality it could be a different date ....or King has made a mistake as previously mentioned.
  • Ford_Prefect wrote: OR........

It could just be that he made a boo-boo. He is fallible like the rest of us you know.
    It's about getting her to despair. All these people dead ... a.k.a. what hope is left?
  • See, thats the point. He wasn't dead yet. There are plenty of othere dead people that could have been used. You guys are making this all so freaking complicated and deep.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Well, I am proud of my observational prowess, even if the rest of you aren't.
  • Ford, I am proud of you, it's one of those things that merits the question and good for you for noticing, I certainly didn't. My personal favourite is where Roland is called Ronald in one of the books, obviously a typo, , , I think.... ;D

I don't think anyone is trying to harp on you, just giving their opinions and thoughts as is the norm with all stuff DT.

Nice to see you by the way, it's been awhile!

Lin :)
  • Darth Pookie wrote:

It's about getting her to despair. All these people dead ... a.k.a. what hope is left?

DP: that's definetly a feeling I got also, that hardly anything was worth fighting for anymore, that it was already too late.

Definetly trying to drive her to despair.
  • Not everything Susannah heard/dreamt during that episode had happened yet. She also heard about a certain author who hadn't yet met a certain van by 6/1.
  • Thank-you! That is the best reply to my post I have gotten. Blind faith and idolation has its place. Concrete facts have another.

Thank-you very much Bev. I also noticed taht. I just didn't know if anyone else did since they didnt notice the first one.
  • Ford_Prefect wrote: Thank-you! That is the best reply to my post I have gotten. Blind faith and idolation has its place. Concrete facts have another.

Thank-you very much Bev. I also noticed taht. I just didn't know if anyone else did since they didnt notice the first one.

I am really not sure how to interpret this post...

Probably not noticing the meaning of the post ;)
  • Dukky, :) I agree it's somewhat ambiguous.

Lin
  • Just to add my two cents at this very late date (I just finished the book last night):

I don't know how this fits in with people's theories about the speed of time in the story/mistakes/hearing of people's deaths, but near the end of the story when Jake is talking about the black guy in the jail cell, and listing off more dead people, he mentions George Harrison. George Harrison died in November of 2001, well outside of the June/July 1999 time period.

Thought I'd throw that out there :)
  • YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!

Sheep have now become my favourite barnyard animal.

You caught the spirit without pooping on me like everyone else. (Except for Lin) :-*
  • Pooping is a bonafide form of thought :P

• lol

cute :-*
  • Pooping is a bonafide form of thought :P

Ever a philosophical froggy. Plato should be so proud ;D