Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Kane's Theory

Benjamin Kane rides again! His latest adventure, "Kane's Theory," will appear in Low Down Dirty Vote, Volume III: The Color of My Vote in May 2022.
Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma

Comments

• Launch date: 5/15/22

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2022
    Proceeds toward Democracy Docket. Editor Mysti Berry and a selection of authors are launching LDDV3 this weekend on Crowdcast.

Links below to register to listen to excerpts of stories from Katharina Gerlach, Bev Vincent, Sarah M. Chen, Travis Richardson, Camille Minichino, Ann Parker, and David Corbett at Noon PDT | 3pm EST.

Later, James McCrone, Tom Pluck, Jackie Ross Flaum, Miguel Ramos, and David Hagerty at 3pm PDT | 6pm EST.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Writing Wrongs: The Color of My Low-Down Dirty Vote

At some point in your career you may get asked to participate in a story anthology with other authors. If the collection is clearly linked to the themes, style, and subject matter of your own work, a “yes” response is often simple. But on other occasions the premise of the anthology may seem so far removed to your customary niche, and you may wonder if you can contribute meaningfully, or it’s worth your while to try.

I was recently asked to participate in a nonfiction anthology about voter suppression and intimidation. (It’s the third in a series titled Low Down Dirty Vote; the specific focus of this collection, which come out this Sunday, is The Color of My Vote.) All of the solicited contributors were from the crime-mystery genre, for reasons the anthology’s editor, Mysti Berry, explains below. But the issue for the sake of this post concerns how each of the contributors adapted the themes and techniques of that chosen genre to something seemingly far removed from the world of murder, banks heists, and kidnappings.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • edited May 2022
    I’m getting this, did you have stories in volume 1 and 2?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Only #2 -- a story called "Kane and the Candidate"
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Convergence talks with contributors (including me) to ‘Low Down Dirty Vote,’ a crime fiction anthology focused on voter suppression
    Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler