Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The House of Sad Sounds

My short story "The House of Sad Sounds" is available starting today in the anthology Road Kill: Texas Horror by Texas Writers, Vol. 6 The paperback edition is available now, with the eBook edition to follow shortly.

Diabolic chompers. A getaway gateway. A ghostly inheritance. A cemetery daze. A terrifying lovebug. A case of bizarre Big Bend bloodshed. Look both ways before you crack the cover. Road Kill is back with stories from Stephen Graham Jones, Jonathan Louis Duckworth, Patrick C. Harrison III, Lauran J. Campbell, Mario, E. Martinez, Bev Vincent, and many more.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTGazmanNotaro

Comments

• ...nice job Bev, and kudos to the cover artwork...... ;)
    Hedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2021
    She talks about "The House of Sad Sounds" at the 6:25 mark.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenLou_Sytsma
  • edited September 2022
    The standout of the anthology is “The House of Sad Sounds,” by Bev Vincent. A psychological horror story with a twist, this little gem reminded me of Henry James’s “The Turn of the Screw.” Vincent’s story would not be out of place in a high-literary story collection, and not because of any fancy stylistic tricks or high-falutin language. 

--Martin Berman Grovine
    Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • That's great Bev. Love the story title. Sounds very Bradbury.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • The standout of the anthology is “The House of Sad Sounds,” by Bev Vincent. A psychological horror story with a twist, this little gem reminded me of Henry James’s “The Turn of the Screw.” Vincent’s story would not be out of place in a high-literary story collection, and not because of any fancy stylistic tricks or high-falutin language. 

--Martin Berman Grovine
    Thats praise indeed! Congrats, Bev!!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler