Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Towerpent - new Dark Tower fan book

edited July 2004 in Dark Tower
Not sure how many of you are darktower.net fans but I first heard of BEV's site at dt.net so I thought I would return the favor to Tyler, that sites creator. He's written a fan's guide to the dark tower. Here's the link:

http://www.thedarktower.net/towerpent/

Comments

• Didn't even know Tyler is planning a book and now that he's written it :o

The cover is pretty cool too ;D
  • Yeah, this kind of came out of nowhere, at least from my point of view. Tyler seems to be a bright guy, though. I don't visit DT.net nearly as much as I used to, but it is how I found Bev and this site.
  • Does anyone know? Is this book self published? What is its format? Binding? etc?

Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Well, I ordered it, so I will let you know when it gets here. :)

I paid through paypal, and the price before shipping was $19.19.

There is a good chance that it is self-published. I think that he said he would start shipping the first orders on July 26, so I guess I could get it any time.

I will provide a full report when I can.
  • I think I'll wait then and see what you have to say!

I must admit I was ready to order - being a DT Junkie that is! ;D
  • Yeah, it is being printed more than published. Tyler's going to send me a copy, but I'm not sure he's finished with it yet--he was still looking into acquiring an ISBN a few days ago and was reeling from sticker shock!
  • But no doubt he has far more guts than most of us. And good for him. Congrats and hope there are many more books to come Tyler if you are reading this :)
  • The book sounds very good and I like the illustrations :)

I'd definetly be interested in a copy.

new: a full report on the book matey when you have it, and I'll order a copy also on your recommendation :)
  • The book sounds very good and I like the illustrations :)

And for this, we salute David Boehmke (how do you pronounce that anyway?) :)
  • I pulled the trigger on this as well.  I'll let you know what I think when I get it.  The art work looks pretty good.
  • Lou, can't wait to hear your report :)
  • I am just wondering when my copy of this will show up. I really have no idea when to expect it.
  • For those are on the fence, here is a list of the chapters. Hold the left mouse button down and drag to highlight it:

Chapters

-----------

1) Publishing history of the series

2) King's many influences while writing The Dark Tower

3) Hundreds of connections linking all of King's books together

4) Detailed character lists

5) Legends and myths of Mid-World

6) A timeline of the events of the books

7) Expanded family trees

8) A revised Gunslinger reading guide

9) Essays from other Tower fans

10) A collection of the best topics from the Forums

Only the last two of the ten sections could be considered forum banter, and the essay chapter hasn't ever been seen before.

• Cool man. Not spoilerish at all mind you  >:(  ... but then again I'm not Spoiler sensitive  ;D
  • Keep in mind, too, that this book was written before Tyler read DT7.
  • Yes that very true Bev - sorry I should have made mention of that. :-[
  • Nothing to apologize about Lou. You should refrain from trying to explain yourself ;D ;)
  • Might be interesting seeing if Tyler intends a revised edition encompassing what happens when he has read DT7.