Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Billy Summers (feature)

edited February 2023 in Adaptations
JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot is putting together a limited-series package based on the Stephen King bestselling novel Billy SummersEd Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz will adapt, Deadline hears, with Zwick directing what will likely be six to 10 episodes. The package will be shopped shortly to high-end cable networks and streamers.

>>> Source
FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro

Comments

• What took so long?  ;)
    Hedda GablerBevVincentGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Warner Bros. has acquired the Stephen King bestseller Billy Summers.

While in development, the feature project will be produced by J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way. If this comes out great, it could be a project for Abrams to direct with DiCaprio playing the title character.

Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz are writing the screenplay.

This was originally packaged as a ten-episode limited series, shopped around to cable networks and streamers, as we first told you last February, but the decision was made that Billy Summers would work better as a feature.

>>> Source

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • I really liked Billy Summers. I think Leo could pull it off. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • He wouldn't have been my first choice -- and it's just speculation at this point
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Didn't King say he had Jake Gyllenhaal in mind when he wrote the story? I may be remembering that wrong, but he'd be a great choice.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Grant87 said:
    Didn't King say he had Jake Gyllenhaal in mind when he wrote the story? I may be remembering that wrong, but he'd be a great choice.
    ....I second that, but no-one in Hollyweird gives a rip though huh?... :D
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGrant87