Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Writers on Wax

Last night, Brian Keene and I sat down with Joshua Marsella to talk about musical influences on our writing, with a particular focus on Dissonant Harmonies. A windstorm took out Joshua's power with only about five minutes left to go and it seemed like everything recorded had been lost and Brian & I were committed to redoing the interview from scratch next week. Fortunately, Joshua reported this morning that Zoom had saved all his files. Brian & I will rejoin Joshua to record the wrap-up next week.
Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy

Comments

• When is this available? I’ve been checking out the podcast but nothing droppin’ yet. 
    GNTLGNTNeesy
  • We're recording the ending on Monday evening, so sometime after that, once Joshua's had time to edit and stitch the two parts together.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Scheduled for March 9
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • This was fun.   While you guys are friends, the little I know about either of you seems very oil and water. Very different.  

Two comments:

1.  At one point the host mentioned thinnies and you Bev said something  else — what word did you use? he talked over you and i couldn’t catch it. 

2. I would really like to read Brian’s original story he had and dumped because he felt it was too much like someone else’s.   

In Neil Gaiman’s Masterclass, ( and in subsequent interviews I have heard him in) he talks about writing Sandman and reading something  another person wrote (could be that Alan Moore guy brought up in this interview) and Neil told him he was going to have to throw out a storyline because it was too similar to what this other guy wrote. The guy told him, paraphrasing— no, go ahead and use it because it won’t be the same.  It will be your story. 

Is Brian’s story dead in the water, never to be seen? I think that is a shame. 

NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Todash Spaces, I think -- the spaces between worlds.

I don't know if Brian completed his story or what his plans for it are.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neil went ahead and used the idea — i hope he’ll think about sharing someday too. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Great interview!  Fun listen.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler