Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Postcards from a Dying World

I was interviewed by David Agranoff and Marc Rothenberg for Episode 79 of this podcast series.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/episode-79-interview-with-bev-vincent-author-of/id1524359471?i=1000561073063
FlakeNoirGNTLGNT

Comments

• If you want to see us instead of just listening:

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Dammit, sorry. Can you delete my comment on appearances Bev ? It should’ve been here. 

This was a really informative and fun interview. Lots of interesting topics and insights, tidbits. 

One thing that just sort of hit me as you said it —Stephen King will be 75. That freaked me out for a smidge. 

And, do you have contact with Stephen Spignesi, Bev? I’ve read a lot of his books — i was big on trivia so I bought his stuff.  Anything Stephen Kingish coming from his camp? 

And Rocky Wood was a sweet man. I met him at Ghost Brothers and we struck up an acquaintance email chain. Nice guy(nobody tell a horrible Rocky story.)

i’m excited for your book in September. I’m excited for Fairytale. I wish it would hurry up. 

And there is nothing wrong with tenacity. You ask and get a yes or no. Someone takes a leap of faith with you or they don’t. You can’t control someone’s leap, but it feels great when they jump in your favor. 

Good job to all. 
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've known Spignesi for a long time, although I've never met him in person.

Rocky was great. No bad stories at all.

King's 75th birthday was the hook we used to sell the new book. Why now? Well, as a matter of act, it just happens to be...and then we were off.
  • I love hearing King has a new book. But for some reason, I am just anxious for Fairytale. You haven’t read it yet?  You must give us what feedback you can when you do. 

Also, how many pages is your book? Just the time and research, logistics of putting that together. I am really looking forward to it also. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I haven't seen the final proofs, but my book is about 240 pages. I haven't read Fairy Tale yet, no.
  • Holy cow, was looking around on amazon to order books — there is an Illustrated Stephen  king Companion selling for 395$!!
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Yeah, the first edition can be a little pricey! I have a few of them that I'll sell off one day to fund my retirement.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT