Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What’s In a Name?

From Brian Freeman's Patreon:

What’s In a Name?” by Bev Vincent is an intriguing essay about the Stephen King titles that might have been. To make this chapbook really special, François Vaillancourt has contributed cover artwork and a dozen full-color interiors depicting what these Stephen King books could have looked like if King had used the original titles.

This chapbook is the result of my fascination with Stephen King’s “working titles” — the title given to a book or story while it’s being written — and how King’s titles have occasionally changed by the time the project is announced… and even one title that changed after the official announcement.

Bev Vincent is one of my “go to” experts for all things Stephen King, and this insightful essay includes a ton of interesting facts. Which title was changed because a family member refused to say the original title? Which one was changed because the publisher said they didn’t know how they could sell a book with that title? Bev explains everything we know about these Stephen King titles that could have been.

Then François Vaillancourt fired up his powerful imagination and created his version of each book’s cover with the original title. He even kept some of the design details era-specific in terms of what book covers looked like at the time the book would have been published.

Bev Vincent and François Vaillancourt have both signed the signature sheets for this chapbook, which is limited to 400 numbered copies.

This was a fun project, especially once François Vaillancourt's cover art for each title started to come in. What a fantastic artist.

Kurbennot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir

Comments

• ....this has already been answered, but I'm having a dense brain fog this morning....when available, and how to order?......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Only available to supporters of Brian Freeman's Lividian patreon.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2022
    Well, i sort of know the answers to the questions posed.

i think the first is Tabitha king — but can’t remember book. This was in a recent interview I think . 

The second, Bill Thompson? Getting It On? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Well, i sort of know the answers to the questions posed.

i think the first is Tabitha king — but can’t remember book. This was in a recent interview I think . 

The second, Bill Thompson? Getting It On? 
    I think 'Getting It On' was the origanal title for "Rage"
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yes. They wouldn’t publish it under Getting it On so it was changed to Rage. 

At least I think that’s the answer to that question above. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The reason they changed it wasn't because of the original title -- it was because King's pseudonym and the book's title leaked within the publisher. 
  • Ahh. There it is. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2022
    From Brian Freeman:

Now that I have a delivery date from the printer, I’m pleased to let you know that the next exclusive chapbook for Patreon supporters is…

“What’s In a Name?” by Bev Vincent, an intriguing essay about the Stephen King titles that might have been. To make this chapbook really special, François Vaillancourt contributed the cover artwork and more than a dozen full-color interiors depicting what these Stephen King books might have looked like if he had used their original titles.

This chapbook is the result of my fascination with Stephen King’s “working titles” — the title given to a book or story while it is being writing — and how King’s titles have occasionally changed by the time the project is announced… and even one title that changed after the official announcement.

Bev Vincent is one of my “go to” experts for all things King, and he wrote this incredible essay with the behind-the-scenes stories of some titles King had in mind… and why they changed on the road to publication.

Then François Vaillancourt fired up his powerful imagination and conjured his version of what the book cover could have looked like. He even tried to keep some of the details era specific in terms of how book covers were designed at the time the book would have been published.

Bev Vincent and François Vaillancourt have both signed the signature sheets for this chapbook, which is limited to 400 numbered copies.

Also, the stickers for the envelopes have arrived and look awesome:

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • From Brian Freeman:

Now that I have a delivery date from the printer, I’m pleased to let you know that the next exclusive chapbook for Patreon supporters is…

“What’s In a Name?” by Bev Vincent, an intriguing essay about the Stephen King titles that might have been. To make this chapbook really special, François Vaillancourt contributed the cover artwork and more than a dozen full-color interiors depicting what these Stephen King books might have looked like if he had used their original titles.

This chapbook is the result of my fascination with Stephen King’s “working titles” — the title given to a book or story while it is being writing — and how King’s titles have occasionally changed by the time the project is announced… and even one title that changed after the official announcement.

Bev Vincent is one of my “go to” experts for all things King, and he wrote this incredible essay with the behind-the-scenes stories of some titles King had in mind… and why they changed on the road to publication.

Then François Vaillancourt fired up his powerful imagination and conjured his version of what the book cover could have looked like. He even tried to keep some of the details era specific in terms of how book covers were designed at the time the book would have been published.

Also, the stickers for the envelopes have arrived and look awesome:

I love the sound of this. A mixture of writing and the art. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yeah, it's like the trivia book we did with Glenn Chadbourne -- the artwork adds so much to it.