Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Road to the Dark Tower interviews

Author: Bev Vincent

My first on-line interview about The Road to the Dark Tower

About two months ago I did an interview with the people at Linear Reflections. It is now on-line. It's quite long and covers things beyond the Dark Tower book. Enjoy!

Author: eta6

I got nil for either. :(

The tripod page is gone, and I received some sort of error on the new one.

I've updated the link for the new one. Try again!

Author: keeproductions

Hey Bev-

As of Tuesday morning, neither link is active.

Keith

It works for me. Try: http://tinyurl.com/veff

Author: Rache4173

The link worked for me on the first try... and I'm about halfway through the interview. You're a trip, Bev. :)

A trip! A long walk off a short pier is more like it!

Author: DTUK

Wow what a long interview...lol, is taking a break...but have read about half of it too, and some interesting points: It's true, I can't get into books either that have you trying to pronounce all the words and thus throwing you out of the story and then having to realign yourself again back into whats happened so far.

And agree entirely with the adversary thing too, I distinctly remember a character from a Tom Clancy book called Red Storm Rising (he was a Russian general called Alexseyev I think and I found I sided more with him when he turned against the Politburo and stopped them launching their nuclear arsenal. He was a man of honour, but back then the Russian's were always portrayed as the bad guys, and Mr Clancy really opened your eyes to another view of a people outside of the televised norm.

Well, the new link works now, but tripod is still moot, oh well, starting to read....

Author: CRinVA

Good interview Bev - read from the perspective of an aspiring writer!

Author: KevBot

Tripod continues to be plagued with problems. Just when they finally get my site fixed, THEIR site goed down. Argh!

Great interview, though, Bev. I will be reading your short story in B5 soon!

Author: KevBot

Originally posted by Bev Vincent

About two months ago I did an interview with the people at Linear Reflections. It is now on-line. It's quite long and covers things beyond the Dark Tower book. Enjoy!

Bev,

I linked this from Charnel House (which is surprisingly working again!) WAHOO! It's in the top section, right below the NBR stuffage.

Originally posted by Bev Vincent

Originally posted by KevBot

Bev,

I linked this from Charnel House (which is surprisingly working again!) WAHOO! It's in the top section, right below the NBR stuffage.

It looks like someone else has imploded the board again...

lol.

Yeah, it's a pain...especially since I hadn't backed up the users for a few days. I was able to restore one of the two gummed up users, but I had to delete KevBot.

Author: keeproductions

Hey Bev- Welcome back.

Actually I think Eta6 may also be referring to the Linear Reflections website. I still haven't been able to access it for your interview.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on your trip. Also looking forward to seeing the ceremony on C-Span II Sunday night.

Keith

Actually, Linear works fine, its the tripod one that doesn't work, the Capital Root.

Anyone notice Kevbot is unregistered? That is odd. What exactly is the post threshold?

Comments

• Author: Bev Vincent

KevBot got “unregistered” when his profile file was corrupted. I hadn't backed it up so I had to delete it. Thus he appears a someone who has made posts but hasn't registered! The post threshhold is 0 - you have to register to post.

Keith: use the http://tinyurl.com/veff link to get to my interview.

The tripod one may well be gone for good -- that was quite a while ago.

Author: Reploid

The reason the interview isn't online (the top one) is because my account was hacked and everything got deleted, also all my email was deleted.

I know it's a long shot, but Bev, if you've still got a copy of your answers I'd be happy to remake the page...

MikeJRamsden@msn.com

Mike:

I'll check my e-mail account tomorrow. I should still have all of it there.

Excellent! Just forward it on to
    MikeJRamsden@msn.com
    and the interview will be back online at the same URL sometime tommorow :D

Author: AuntyNay

Bev, I hear the interview was great. Sorry I missed it. But I did enjoy reading the text of the other interview you did.

I found the interview in Google's cache. I searched using one of the questions (“how closely have you worked with stephen king” -- put quotes in search query) and the page comes back as the only hit. Click the “cached” link to bring it up.

You can also try clicking here

Thanks for your email Bev, you can now find the original interview here: http://capitaltoot.tripod.com/bevvincent.htm

I've also got a copy saved on my hard drive now, just in case :D

Also, I've got the interview on an ad-free page if you'd prefer that:

http://www.freewebs.com/haxored/bevvincent.htm

Author: Ronin

I just read through the articles. They were an interesting read. I especially liked the part in the first interview where you were talking about the authors you enjoy, as I hold some of the same opinions on the work. (Cussler's work is so pulpy, yet it always entertains me).

I just got Cussler's new one in the mail from Amazon a couple of hours ago along with a non-Delaware novel by Jonathan Kellerman and the most recent James Lee Burke.

You're lucky in that you can recieve stuff via mail. I have had a run of bad luck with both the USPS and UPS. I only risk online orders on rare occasions and on those occasions, I get the stuff delivered to my office, because when the post office doesn't manage to mess up, the bad neighborhood I live in finishes the job.

I've read Kellerman before (and liked it), but I don't think I have ever read any Burke.

Burke writes crime fiction set in swampy Louisiana. His main character is Dave Robichaux, once on the New Orleans police force and now working for the local cops in New Iberia parish. He's a haunted man, figurative and literally. The novels often have magic realism subtexts where things happen that are hard to explain by mundane methods. Not overt and wild things, but subtleties, the sorts of things people from that part of the world take for granted. Very rich with mood, but also dark and sometimes violent.

Sounds like my cup of tea. I have fond memories of Louisana also, so that won't hurt the reading. I will definitely have to check him out.

• Here's a new interview at Tower & Rose
  • Good interview - and stokes the fires for TRTTDT.
  • Liked it :)
  • Great interview - just makes me more and more anxious to get this book in my hands!

• BTW I agree that a movie version of DT would be problematic. A miniseries or a limited run series would be a better venue.
  • Yay! The interview was liked. I was nearly affreaid I hadn't asked enough questions or the like. And, thanks again Bev!
  • Seeing my user name in the first post in this thread really threw me for a loop for a second. Weird seeing stuff from the old board! :)
  • theflyingkitty wrote: Yay! The interview was liked. I was nearly affreaid I hadn't asked enough questions or the like. And, thanks again Bev!

Flyingkitty: was it you interviewed Bev for Tower & Rose?

Good job if so :)
  • That was a nice, and informative interview, Bev and tfk.

Although I still want to hear more about when Bev had Hot chocolate with King.
  • Ahh, such a good and long memory. Someday I'll tell that tale...
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Ahh, such a good and long memory. Someday I'll tell that tale...

Would like to hear as well :)
  • Hey, if your ever in the St. Louis area, Bev, then maybe we could find a cofeeshop and have a real verbal interview?
  • Sure thing, though Missouri isn't in my imminent travel plans.
  • 'eh, whenever. You got my e-mail. Just give me a heads-up. The Illinois side is cool too.
  • Here's a recent interview with the hometown paper: The Woodlands Villager.
  • The Houston Chronicle -- I hope you don't need to be a subscriber to read it.
  • I was able to read it fine Bev. :) (no, I'm not a secret subscriber) 8)

Welcome back!

Lin