Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Translations (SK Complete)

Translations are in the works, with others pending
  • Croatian
  • Italian
  • Czech
  • Spanish
  • Hungarian
  • Japanese
  • German
  • Polish
FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT

Comments

• The Italian edition will be out this month -- I haven't seen the cover yet.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited November 2022
    La guida definitiva al Re

November 15, 2022 from Mondadori Electa

Translated by Tania SpagnoliFederico Zaniboni

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • My Italian is pretty good, as it happens.

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler

• Stephen King: Sein Werk, sein Leben, seine Inspiration
    • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Edition Olms; 1st edition (15 Sept. 2023)
    • Language ‏ : ‎ German
    • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 240 pages
    • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 3283013225
    • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-3283013226
    • Translator: Michael Auwers
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Spanish: Editorial Planeta -- fall 2023
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited July 2023
    I've always wondered how he translates to different languages.  He seems so unique to american slang and culture
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I've always wondered how he translates to different languages.  He seems so unique to american slang and culture
    I'm always suspicious about translations. Thats why i prefer original language. Sadly i'm not a linguist so i can only read english and (a bit slowly but i can read it) german in original. Otherwise i must trust the translator but i often do research about what kind of translation it is. 
    FlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2023
    Kurben said:
    I've always wondered how he translates to different languages.  He seems so unique to american slang and culture
    I'm always suspicious about translations. Thats why i prefer original language. Sadly i'm not a linguist so i can only read english and (a bit slowly but i can read it) german in original. Otherwise i must trust the translator but i often do research about what kind of translation it is. 
    Oh Kurb. thanks.

I only speak English and read and write in it.  How can he capture the emotions in a different language.  I guess it works, but I can't help but feeling that there is something missing.

How is it done? Is it the same?  Maybe at @BevVincent can answer ??  I don't know.   Hi Bev. Your books/articales  are fantastic.

• A joy to read anytime you publish. :) 
  • I got to know Tullio Dobner who used to translate King's books into Italian when he did Tutto Su Stephen King (the original SK Companion). He would occasionally ask me to explain certain idioms to him so he could come up with something equivalent in Italian. 

I interviewed him for an issue of CD -- here are some highlights.
    Lou_Sytsmanot_nadineGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Czech edition will be out on August 31

Stephen King: kompletní průvodce životem a dílem

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Hungarian: Stephen King - Munkái, élete, inspirációi

• Polish: Stephen King. Kompletny przewodnik po życiu, twórczości i inspiracjach

• ...was going to ask if you're name had been changed, then I found it up top.... :D....I looked up the translation to make sure your surname hadn't been switched to ARKADY....
    BevVincentFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...was going to ask if you're name had been changed, then I found it up top.... :D....I looked up the translation to make sure your surname hadn't been switched to ARKADY....
    I always thought Arkady was a first name.....  One of the very good Sf strugatskij brothers writing duo was named Arkady (Roadside Picnic among others). Think the other ones name was Evgeny but i'm a bit fuzzy about that at the  moment.
  • Arkady Renko is the main character in Martin Cruz Smith's novels, like Gorky Park.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • A review of the German edition, which is out now.
    This biography offers a fascinating insight into the life and career of this influential author. It distinguishes King as a talented writer and multi-faceted personality and provides interesting background stories for all of his works. Overall, this vita is a highly recommended read for anyone who wants to find out more about the man behind the horror stories. His literary legacy will undoubtedly influence and inspire many generations to come.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited September 2023

I hope he enjoyed it!
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • The German translation has gone into a second printing, I've been told.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Biography and retrospective of the literary giant, compiled by Bev Vincent

by Christian Endres

[machine translated from German]

Superstar Stephen King 's latest novel, " Holly " (in the shop) , has just been published - almost at the same time as a biography of the master of suspense literature, freshly translated into German, who has dominated the multimedia entertainment industry since the 1970s and 1980s with his omnipresent stories shapes. “ Stephen King: His Work, His Life, His Inspiration ” was written and compiled by the Texas author and journalist Bev Vincent , who with Mr. King has already published the prose anthology “Flight and Fear” (in the shop) and also accompanying works on King's popular series “The Dark Tower”.

In the large-format, beautifully presented and lavishly illustrated volume, Vincent guides you through the existence and work of the literary master from Maine in a candid and knowledgeable way - not least with the help of lots of photos from King's private life and archive that have not been seen before, or at least not often . Of course, King's serious, drastic accident is also covered, which almost destroyed his life and career and which is precisely why the US best-selling author has to have a hip replaced that simply no longer cooperates, as he did on X at the beginning of October (aka Twitter).

Well-founded, illustrated, comprehensive, informative, and also entertaining to read and look at - this is how you imagine a good biography including a retrospective that appeals to both hardcore fans and casual readers. In addition, the year is slowly but surely entering the home stretch, and at the end there will be an occasion for gifts. And with a package like this that includes “Holly” or the deluxe edition of “Cemetery of Cuddly Toys” as well as “Stephen King: His Work, His Life, His Inspiration,” you could certainly make someone very happy...

Bev Vincent: Stephen King: His work, his life, his inspiration • Edition Olms, Oetwil 2023 • 240 pages 

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • “Stephen King. A complete guide to life, creativity and inspiration" - Bev Vincent (Arkady Publishing House)

[machine translated from Polish]

Thanks to the courtesy of Arkady Publishing House , we have a book about the outstanding writer Stephen King. I must say that I haven't waited for a shipment as excitedly as I did for this book in a long time. I'm a huge King fan. I love his work, and I am often a fan of films that adapt his work. Please read the review.

Edition

I'll start this review a little backwards. First of all, let me start with a beautiful edition. It's immediately obvious that this is supposed to be a gift book for fans like me. The publication was published in A4 format in a beautiful hard cover, on the highest quality paper, with phenomenal image printing. Just looking through it gives you a lot of joy. Lots of Stephen's photographs, covers and typescripts, with often funny handwritten annotations - this is what fans are looking for the most.

The Life of Stephen King

The author brings us very close to King's life. He writes without emotion in order to best present the biography of the author of outstanding literary works. Stephen King is a multi-threaded and very interesting character. Many of us would not be able to cope with many of the problems that King faced. Not only did a serious accident happen in his life, but he also had to repair the household budget by writing short stories for newspapers, not to mention hard work in the laundry. Nothing in life came easy for the horror icon. Reading the book “ Stephen King. A complete guide to life, creativity and inspirations "at times we have the impression that his life is very hard and just when it seems that there is only a wonderful life ahead of him, another blow comes from fate.

The works of Stephen King

The book describes the writer's most important works. The book has 240 pages and only a small part of his work is described in it. But this shouldn't be surprising, after all, King wrote 70 novels and over 200 short stories. Instead, we learn how his work was shaped, what left the greatest mark on him and how the environment in which he created influenced him. Stephen's work has also left its mark on cinema fans, after all, such cinema icons as "The Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile" and "It" were directed based on King's books. There is a lot of information and interesting facts about Stephen King's work in the book.

Summary

The book "Stephen King. The Complete Guide to Life, Creativity and Inspiration by Bev Vincent is great. I recommend it to all fans of King's work. If you have a loved one who loves the novels of the described author, give it to him without any hesitation, he will be 100% satisfied.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • “Stephen King. A complete guide to life, creativity and inspiration" - Bev Vincent (Arkady Publishing House)

[machine translated from Polish]

Thanks to the courtesy of Arkady Publishing House , we have a book about the outstanding writer Stephen King. I must say that I haven't waited for a shipment as excitedly as I did for this book in a long time. I'm a huge King fan. I love his work, and I am often a fan of films that adapt his work. Please read the review.

Edition

I'll start this review a little backwards. First of all, let me start with a beautiful edition. It's immediately obvious that this is supposed to be a gift book for fans like me. The publication was published in A4 format in a beautiful hard cover, on the highest quality paper, with phenomenal image printing. Just looking through it gives you a lot of joy. Lots of Stephen's photographs, covers and typescripts, with often funny handwritten annotations - this is what fans are looking for the most.

The Life of Stephen King

The author brings us very close to King's life. He writes without emotion in order to best present the biography of the author of outstanding literary works. Stephen King is a multi-threaded and very interesting character. Many of us would not be able to cope with many of the problems that King faced. Not only did a serious accident happen in his life, but he also had to repair the household budget by writing short stories for newspapers, not to mention hard work in the laundry. Nothing in life came easy for the horror icon. Reading the book “ Stephen King. A complete guide to life, creativity and inspirations "at times we have the impression that his life is very hard and just when it seems that there is only a wonderful life ahead of him, another blow comes from fate.

The works of Stephen King

The book describes the writer's most important works. The book has 240 pages and only a small part of his work is described in it. But this shouldn't be surprising, after all, King wrote 70 novels and over 200 short stories. Instead, we learn how his work was shaped, what left the greatest mark on him and how the environment in which he created influenced him. Stephen's work has also left its mark on cinema fans, after all, such cinema icons as "The Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile" and "It" were directed based on King's books. There is a lot of information and interesting facts about Stephen King's work in the book.

Summary

The book "Stephen King. The Complete Guide to Life, Creativity and Inspiration by Bev Vincent is great. I recommend it to all fans of King's work. If you have a loved one who loves the novels of the described author, give it to him without any hesitation, he will be 100% satisfied.

not_nadineHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma