Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentary: ‘Stephen King: A Necessary Evil’

Stephen King is getting the spotlight with a brand new documentary from MagellanTV this week.

It’s titled Stephen King: A Necessary Evil, and the documentary features a plethora of rare archival footage and interviews with King about the horror genre, why audiences love it and his feelings about the countless film adaptations of his work.

The doc will premiere exclusively on MagellanTV on Thursday, October 6, and Magellan will be making the film available to everyone (including non-subscribers) through Halloween.

Following October 31, only Magellan subscribers will have access.

“Through extensive and rare archival footage – including King’s past interviews, guest lectures and book readings – and framed by scenes from his novels’ myriad feature film adaptations, Stephen King: A Necessary Evil chronicles the renowned author’s life from his modest upbringing in Maine through his meteoric rise in popular literature. The feature also sheds light on King’s little-known introspections, including his perspectives on mainstream versus “serious” literature and evaluations of his own book-to-screen adaptions over the years.”

Stephen King: A Necessary Evil is directed by Julien Dupuy and produced by Arte France, Brainworks and Rockyrama. It was previously released in France and Germany

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaGNTLGNT

Comments

• Yay Magellan! ( never heard of them). 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • Yay Magellan! ( never heard of them). 
    ....only Magellan I ever heard of was inside a musty old history book....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • It looks like a really good channel. National Geographic - ish and lots of documentaries. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Yay Magellan! ( never heard of them). 
    ....only Magellan I ever heard of was inside a musty old history book....
    Goldstar to GNT!! Everybody who knows that deserves it.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....I'd like to thank the Academy....... :)
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    Come on! I start this doc, everything looks great and then it goes to a green screen audio only. Really? This is what we get? I guess beggars can’t be choosers but a bit disingenuous Magellan. 

Anyone else experiencing this “free” shade of green?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Switched to my phone and their link — was able to see this. Very interesting. 

Stephen has been a very keen observer of human nature.  How so many of his books speak to things, situations and people that have come to pass is almost in itself a bit witchy. But it’s just a matter of watching and listening — paying attention to the past and being a bit of a psychologist and philosopher. Smart smart man.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....he is a keen observer with an inherent knack for knowing what makes us tick.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir