Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Long Walk: An Introduction in Three Parts

I am delighted to announce that I wrote the introduction for the just-announced, profusely illustrated limited edition of The Long Walk from Centipede Press.

Why in three parts? Because that's how the novel is structured.
  • Trade edition limited to 1,400 unsigned copies.
  • New introduction by Bev Vincent.
  • Dustjacket, frontispiece, interior, and chapter head illustrations by Jim and Ruth Keegan.
  • Photographs by Patrick Loehr.
  • Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, bound in gray cloth.
  • Stamped spine and boards.
  • Double-sided dustjacket.
  • Smyth-sewn binding.
  • Book size 5¼ × 8¾ inches.
  • Number of pages: 336.
  • To be published January 2023.
  • Price $95
Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoir

Comments

• Congrats!  And Sweet.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoir
  • Beautiful beautiful book. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • He apparently did not read your tweet on how to open a new, hardbound book.  
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • He apparently did not read your tweet on how to open a new, hardbound book.  
    I couldn't see myself doing that, especially not to a collectable. 
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....it IS a beauty....just received mine and have left it's protective jacket on for the nonce....
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited March 2023
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....it IS a beauty....just received mine and have left it's protective jacket on for the nonce....
    Oh nice scott. Treat that baby well. I love the look of it and i love the story. Sigh. I miss buying beautiful, special books, but I have entered the phase— what happens to them when I die? The thought of them being re-homed to some ungrateful bastard lights a fire in muh belly. 

I look at the ones I own now and apologize to them. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ...my oldest (GNTSON) will take possession, and the literary carrion crows will be kept at bay.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Centipede Press has some extra leatherbound, traycased copies of The Long Walk by Stephen King. They are signed by Bev Vincent, who wrote the introduction, as well as the artists, Jim & Ruth Keegan and Patrick Loehr. They are at the bindery but should be here by the end of the week. Then we inspect copies. There are only about 40 of them. However, they are not signed by Stephen King. If you are interested in one of them (they are not cheap, at $895), give me a shout and I will put you on the waitlist for these and email you when they are available. Thank you.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler