Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Grant Books Updates

edited July 2004 in Dark Tower
Welcome to issue #37 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

19 July 2004

1. Taking orders for DT VII

We are now taking orders for THE DARK TOWER VII: THE

DARK TOWER which is shipping in September. You can order online at:

http://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-7.html

There are three editions:

a) Signed & Numbered Deluxe Edition - $225 00 + $4.00 SS

You may order this only if you have a S&N copy of SONG OF SUSANNAH which you must still own when we ship THE DARK TOWER.

b) Artist Edition $55.00 + $3.00 SS

You may order this only if you bought the Artist Edition of SONG OF SUSANNAH directly from us.

c) Trade Edition - $28.00 (a 20% discount off the $35.00

retail price)

Anyone may order this edition.

2. DARK TOWER VII SPECIAL OFFER

We are making available to all customers, including those not eligible to buy an Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII, a special offer. It includes the Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII along with the THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE Limited Signed Gift Edition for a special price of $165.00 plus $8.00 Shipping Surcharge. This is a saving of 20% over buying these books separately.

3. DT VI & VII SLIPCASE

We are producing a slipcase for Dark Towers VI & VII. Orders for the Dark Tower VI & VII slipcase will be considered as an additional separate order as they are expected to be delivered after THE DARK TOWER and will incur the $4.00 per order shipping charge. These orders will ship as soon as the slipcases are available.

4. DUPLICATE EMAILS

When emailing us with a question, please DO NOT send it to both Kate and KelLee as that can cause duplicated efforts on their parts. Please also be aware that we will have a backlog of several thousand emails as soon as customers begin ordering THE DARK TOWER VII so it may be several weeks before we are able to get caught up and answer them all.

5. CREDIT CARD PROBLEMS

Please be extra careful when typing your credit card number on the order form. We still have a number of customers who have not yet received their SONG OF SUSANNAH orders because of this problem and who we are still waiting to hear from.

Please be sure that your credit card will not expire before the orders can be shipped.

6. FOREIGN CUSTOMERS

When ordering please indicate how you wish to have your order shipped. If you do not we will ship via Surface Parcel Post insured unless the cost difference between it and Air is only a few dollars. In that case we will ship by Air.

7. NEW COLOR FLYER

Our new flyer will be in the mail this week. You may place your order using its order form or on our website.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

Comments

• I may have to think seriously about that DT VII Artist Edition/Talisman/Black House set. I'm out of the running for a S&N or Artist's Edition since I haven't bought those before, but I'd like to get a special edition of this last Dark Tower book.

*Off to balance checkbook, call accountant, sell stock, and beg the wife for permission*

Blu
  • [quote author=BluGilliand  

*Off to balance checkbook, call accountant, sell stock, and beg the wife for permission*

Blu

HA HA...beg wife for permission!! I just did that. Awaiting her reply!
  • :-/ :'( I was so excited to read about the Artist Edition... and then I remembered that I didn't get an SoS AE, I got one for Wolves. :'(

That sucks.
  • Notice that there will be 5000 copies of the Artist's Edition (up from 3500) and 1500 copies of the signed/limited (up from 1350).

This means that poor Whelan has to sign 6500 sheets!

My hand aches just thinking about that!

John
  • That is indeed alot of autographs :-/

Mr Whelan might need a holiday after all that...
  • Well, I did it. Probably my last big splurge of the year, but it's a special occasion, so it's done.

I ordered the special Talisman/Black House/DT VII Artist Edition set from Grant. I said all along that if I could I wanted to get a special edition of the last DT book, and I'm fortunate that I was able to.

Now, just passin' the time 'till they get here...that's going to be one big, wonderful package to open!

Blu
  • Sounds sweet but I can't justify the cost unfortunately. :(
  • Me too :(

Any kind souls out there? ;)
  • Welcome to issue #38 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

12 August 2004

1. DARK TOWER VI LOTTERY COMPLETED

3. DT VII TRADE SIGNED BY MICHAEL WHELAN

4. DT VI & VII SLIPCASE

5. DUPLICATE EMAILS

1. DARK TOWER VI LOTTERY COMPLETED

We have completed the lottery drawing for SONG OF SUSANNAH Deluxe Edition. Everyone picked has been emailed or telephoned.

All unpicked postcards will be put in the lottery for DT VII Deluxe.

Please do not contact us asking if you were picked. If we do not hear back from someone we will contact them by other means (telephone or mail).

We are making available to all customers, including those not eligible to buy an Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII, a special offer. It includes the Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII along with the THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE Limited Signed Gift Edition for a special price of $165.00 plus $8.00 Shipping Surcharge. This is a saving of 20% over buying these books separately.

If you placed an order which included both a DT VII Artist edition and a TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE Gift Set we will make that a DARK TOWER VII SPECIAL OFFER and charge you only $165.00 plus shipping rather than $205.00 plus shipping for these items individually.

3. DT VII TRADE SIGNED BY MICHAEL WHELAN

Glass Onion Graphics is offering copies of the Trade Edition of THE DARK TOWER signed by Michael Whelan which includes a special unsigned Michael Whelan print for $40.00 plus postage.

https://www.michaelwhelan.com/index.asp?vsPage=store

4. DT VI & VII SLIPCASE

Just a reminder that orders for the Dark Tower VI & VII slipcase will be considered as an additional separate order as they are expected to be delivered after THE DARK TOWER and will incur the $4.00 per order plus $1.00 per item shipping charge. These orders will ship as soon as the slipcases are available.

5. DUPLICATE EMAILS

When emailing us with a question, please DO NOT send it to both Kate and KelLee as that can cause duplicated efforts on their parts. Please also be aware that we have a backlog of emails due to the ordering of the THE DARK TOWER VII so it may be several weeks before we are able to get caught up and answer them all.

Thank you.

• BluGilliand wrote: Well, I did it. Probably my last big splurge of the year, but it's a special occasion, so it's done.

I ordered the special Talisman/Black House/DT VII Artist Edition set from Grant. I said all along that if I could I wanted to get a special edition of the last DT book, and I'm fortunate that I was able to.

Now, just passin' the time 'till they get here...that's going to be one big, wonderful package to open!

Blu

Indeed :)
  • Welcome to issue #39 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

9 September 2004

1. DARK TOWER ORDERS BEING CHARGED

We began charging orders for the DTVII Artist Edition this week. Next week we will begin charging orders which include a Trade Edition. If a problem occurred when charging your card you will be notified by email or telephone ASAP. Please do not call to inquire if your charge went through.

2. DARK TOWER VII ARTIST & SPECIAL OFFER

SHIPPING NEXT WEEK

We will begin shipping orders for the DT VII Artist Edition and Dark Tower Special Offer (DT VII Artist Edition and THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE)on Monday, September 13. Orders will be shipping every day from then on.

3. DARK TOWER VII TRADE SHIPPING 20 SEP

The laydown date for this edition is September 21. We will begin shipping orders which include a Trade Edition on September 20.

4. DARK TOWER VII DELUXE EDITION

We will not be receiving the deluxe slipcases until the first week of October. Exact size of the slipcases could not be determined until the books were bound and due to the earlier publishing schedule the books were not ready as far in advance of shipping as were WOLVES OF THE CALLA and SONG OF SUSANNAH.

We will be shipping orders which include a Deluxe Edition in October. If your order includes a Trade Edition, we will ship the Trade Editions beginning on September 20 and will not charge extra for shipping a split order. Orders which include an Artist edition or Special Offer will ship with the deluxe edition.

5. FOREIGN ORDERS

As in the past, foreign orders (which require extra paperwork and packing) have to wait until the bulk of domestic orders are shipped. Information on shipping options will be forthcoming.

Thank you.

• OK I am hoping for a Wed/Thurs delivery next week!!!!!

The end is near!
  • Since my order includes a deluxe edition, I won't be getting it until at least October! Oh well, there is always the trade edition! (I'm perfectly willing to wait for my deluxe edition.)

John
  • Welcome to issue #40 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

15 September 2004

1. DARK TOWER VII ARTIST & SPECIAL OFFER SHIPPING

We began shipping orders for the DT VII Artist Edition and Dark Tower Special Offer (DT VII Artist Edition and THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE)on Monday, September 13.

Most of the orders received before September 9 have been shipped and we are packing and shipping more orders each day.

It can take up to 6 business days for UPS orders to be delivered and several weeks for the those shipped via US mail. Please don't call or email us asking if your order has been shipped unless you haven't received it by the end of September. The fact that you have not received an email confirmation from UPS does not necessarily mean that your order has not been shipped.

We are receiving 30 to 50 orders every day and are processing them as quickly as we can.

To date we have emailed everyone who had a credit card problem and will continue to contact customers with such problems as orders are processed.

Next week we will begin shipping orders which include a

Trade Edition.

Thank you.

• Welcome to issue #41 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

21 September 2004

1. DARK TOWER VII TRADE SHIPPING

We have begun shipping orders with Trade Editions and have already shipped over 900 copies. Orders for a single Trade copy are going via USPS Media Mail or Bound Printed Matter and orders with multiple books ship via UPS.

We began shipping orders for the DT VII Artist Edition and Dark Tower Special Offer (DT VII Artist Edition and THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE)on Monday, September 13.

We are receiving 30 to 50 orders every day and are processing them as quickly as we can.

To date we have emailed everyone who has had a credit card problem and will continue to contact customers with such problems as orders are processed.

2. FOREIGN ORDER SHIPPING

Sample shipping rates for non-domestic orders have been posted at http://secure.grantbooks.com/z-foreignship.html

If you have not told us wether you want Air or Sea/Surface shipping please contact us.

3. DARK TOWER VII DELUXE shipping in October

We will not be receiving the deluxe slipcases until the first week of October. Exact size of the slipcases could not be determined until the books were bound and due to the change in publishing schedule the books were not ready as far in advance of shipping as were WOLVES OF THE CALLA and SONG OF SUSANNAH.

We will be shipping orders which include a Deluxe Edition in October. If your order includes a Trade Edition, we will ship the Trade Editions beginning on September 20 and will not charge extra for shipping a split order. Orders which include an Artist edition or Special Offer will ship with the deluxe edition.

Thank you.

• Welcome to issue #42 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

7 October 2004

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. DARK TOWER VII DeluxeS BEGIN SHIPPING

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. DARK TOWER VII DeluxeS BEGIN SHIPPING

We have received the slipcases for the Deluxe edition of THE DARK TOWER and have begun shipping orders.

It will take 3-4 weeks to process all the orders.

Numbering and preparing Deluxes for shipping is a slow process.

We are initially shipping orders which contain only one deluxe as they can be processed more quickly and then orders that include multiple deluxes or other books as well. Orders received after September 24 will be shipped later.

We did consider not shipping any books until most of the orders were packed so most customers would receive books at the same time.

We appreciate your patience.

We will begin to charge and ship foreign orders the week of 11 October. Again, these orders take extra time and we do not expect to have the bulk of orders shipped before the end of the month.

We do not expect to have the Volume VI & VII Slipcases until some time in November. Considering the expense of shipping, if you ordered this slipcase we will hold your order until the slipcases arrive unless you contact us to have the slipcase shipped separately.

Thank you.

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc
  • The Dark Tower.net forums are awash with people upset about the way the DTVII shipping has been handled. Lots of people never got confirmation e-mails (myself included), and a couple have reported damage to their books once they arrived. Orders were supposed to be processed in the order they were received, but people who ordered two weeks before the release date were receiving them well before others who had ordered on the first day.

Michaela of Grant Books has been posting over there, saying that two secretaries at the company were taking a real haphazard approach to processing the orders, thus causing a lot of the confusion. Sounds like a mess - I'm just glad I got my books, in good shape and on-time. I won't be in a hurry to deal with Grant again, though.

Blu
  • 1. DARK TOWER VI & VII Slipcase Update

Yesterday we were told by our slipcase maker that he expects to ship us the slipcases on January 4. We plan to begin shipping slipcase orders the second week of January. We will begin charging these orders on January 3. If your credit card information has changed since you placed your order, please let us know as soon as possible.

2. DARK TOWER VII LOTTERY

On December 10 we drew postcards for the DT VII deluxe lottery. All winners have been emailed or have had letters sent to them. We have already shipped almost half of the available copies.

3. DARK TOWER VII SPECIAL OFFER

We are extending the availability of our DARK TOWER VII SPECIAL OFFER indefinitely. This offer includes an Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII along with the THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE Limited Signed Gift Edition for a special price of $165.00 plus $8.00 Shipping Surcharge and our regular shipping/handling charge. This is a savings of 20% over buy ing these books separately.

This offer is available to all customers, including those not eligible to buy an Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII.

4. CHANGE IN OFFICE HOURS

As of January 1, 2005 our new office hours will be 9:00 am to 4:pm Monday through Thursday. If you call the office at other times you may leave a message on our answering machine. You can send a fax any time.

Thank you.

www.grantbooks.com