Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Best Vampire Novels of all time.

OK, i am a bit predictable at times but sometimes when i'm the mood i like making lists. So this time i made one of the 10 best vampire novels. There are a lot of them and i am sure that i have missed some and as sure that there is many i havent read. So here, as different as these novels may be, is my list. Have any comment?? Additions?? They are very welcome.

10 Best Vampire Novels of All Time

1.  Salem’s Lot by Stephen King

2.  The Historian By Elisabeth Kostova

3.   Dracula by Bram Stoker

4.   Fledgling by Octavia Butler

5.   Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

6.   Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin

7.   Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons

8.   I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

9.   Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu

10. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT

Comments

• ...good list Kurb, I would add Guillermo del Toro Gómez's The Strain to it as well....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...good list Kurb, I would add Guillermo del Toro Gómez's The Strain to it as well....
    Not a bad thought......
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2023
    Yeah, great list. Glad to see Carrion Comfort on there. Never read - Carmilla or The Historian- will have to check them out.

The Traveling Vampire Show by Richard Laymon is also worthy of consideration.
  • Yeah, great list. Glad to see Carrion Comfort on there. Never read - Carmilla or The Historian- will have to check them out.

The Traveling Vampire Show by Richard Laymon is also worthy of consideration.
    Thanks for the tip! They are worth reading, Carmilla is an oldie written 25 years before Dracula and together these two have inspired practically all other vampire novels.
  • I havent read The Historian or Fledgling, I'll have to check them out. I thought They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon, The Keep by F. Paul Wilson and Vampire Junction by S.P. Somtow were pretty good too.🤔
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    I havent read The Historian or Fledgling, I'll have to check them out. I thought They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon, The Keep by F. Paul Wilson and Vampire Junction by S.P. Somtow were pretty good too.🤔
    Havent read The Keep or Vampire Junction. Thanks for the tip. They Thirst is quite good but i decided to leave it out after much thinking. Number 11 perhaps?