Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Hablamos con Bev Vincent

Restaurant de la Mente: El mundo de Stephen King
Weeks ago, I had the pleasure of talking with Bev Vincent. He talked about collaborations with Stephen King, Flight or Fright, his books about him, and a lot more. You can watch the full interview here:

Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma

Comments

• edited January 4
    Very nice interview. I’m doing spanish duolingo right now so I could just grab words from his opening introduction. The comments, all in spanish, were fun to realize, hey! I get it! 

You do a super job of keeping the conversation smoothly flowing. I see almost always the interviewers a little starstruck and shaky, but you quickly put them at ease.  Very generous. 

And Stephen’s poetry influence — he lives with a poetry major doesn’t he??? Not sure Tabitha’s study focus, but the poetic cadence is very obvious in her writing. 

While Stephen’s love of poetry is his own, one can’t help but romanticize it just a little bit in his connection to Tabby. 

I’m sure that sounds silly, but her love of poetry had to have deepened his love for it. 

I know. I’m a goofy old lady. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I'm doing Spanish Duolingo, too -- I have a 91-day streak going!
    GNTLGNT
  • edited January 5
    I'm doing Spanish Duolingo, too -- I have a 91-day streak going!
    I’m on day 83. Are you doing the free version or the paid version? I can’t remember if free version kept track of your days or not.

I recommend the paid one.  Before I had a friend put me on their plan, dealing with the commercials and limited mistakes you could make was awful. 

GNTLGNT
  • We're using the paid one -- my wife, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter are all on it.
    GNTLGNT
  • Very nice. All the same language? 
    GNTLGNT
  • One person i’m on the plan with is doing 4 languages. How do you do that?  I have to focus very hard on one.
    GNTLGNT
  • My wife is jumping around between languages. 
    GNTLGNT
  • My wife is jumping around between languages. 
    I envy her ability to do that. 

GNTLGNT