Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Holly

Jack Bender has also taken on a new project: making a TV show based on the 2023 novel Holly.

Bender said as much when he participated in a Q&A as part of Chicago’s 2023 Printers Row Lit Fest (via Archive.org), which ran from September 9-10, 2023. There to promote his book I Am Sorry: Art and Apologies, Bender at one point spoke about his long appreciation for storytelling and the collaboration aspect of making television, which led him to talk about his time working with Stephen King:

It’s the joy of telling stories and the making of that with a group of people. That’s one of the best things about making television, when you’re working with great people on material you care about. I’ve been fortunate to know and work with Stephen King – talking about writers. His new book Holly, by the way, is great. We’re going to make a show out of that. We haven’t announced it.

When the interviewer asked if she and the crowd had just been privy to a “scoop,” Jack Bender replied,

A little bit.

The filmmaker is presently a producer on the horror series From (which will air its third season later this year), and the adaptation of The Institute is evidently next on his list of priorities. Bender told the crowd at 2023 Printers Row Lit Fest.

>> Source

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir