Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Galleys/ARCs

edited July 2004 in Dark Tower
Galleys of DT7 are now in distribution. I got mine last night, as did one other person I've heard from so far.

Comments

• I just got word from my contact that his copies should be showing up any day now, and he'll be forwarding my copy to me! ;D

I can't wait! I've been waiting about 25 years for this! (I started reading The Gunslinger stories as they were published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction--I had a subscription back then.)

John
  • Here's the cover letter that accompanied DT7 galley. The one for ROAD is likely similar.

ATTENTION: REVIEWERS

We hope you understand that, because we are giving you advance time to read and plan reviews to land in conjunction with the September 21 publication date, we are trusting you with a great secret.

PLEASE respect the Dark Tower fans that have been waiting for over thirty years to read the conclusion of Roland's quest, and do not give away the contents of this book, or pass on this galley for resale, before that date.

Thank you for your consideration.

• A small part of me would like nothing more than to find some unscrupulous recipient of an ARC of DT7 and get them to reveal things about it, especially the ending. However, this is one time where I'm actually going to try and stay away from spoilers on a book. If it were any other book in the series then I would read spoilers nonstop. But this is it, this is THE END, so it is different.  :)
  • Arrggh!!

It will be good to have a job of a book reviewer at times like this :(

Especially for that minority of DT fan who can't wait for Sept 21 (like me), don't mind spoilers (like me) and can be 100% rock solid in keeping a secret (did I mention like me?) Hint, Hint. ;)

Well don't say I didn't try ;D
  • I wonder how many ARCs will be floating around? It seems like distribution would have been kept to a bare minimum, but maybe not...

In the end, the reviewers won't be the ones who give the secrets away, it will be the friends who they loan their copies to! And...even if you don't normally mind spoilers, you really should stay extra far away from them in this case...
  • I am the SPOILER KING, kin of the Crimson King ;D
  • I have a scan of the cover of the galley of The Dark Tower 7 on my site if anyone want to check it out. There are no spoilers so you don’t need to be afraid to see it. It’s just a nice looking galley.

Lilja

--

Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King: http://www.Liljas-Library.com
  • It's so good to be a reviewer.

I wanna be a reviewer too.

I can speak Chinese.

Does that count? ;D

Anyway, thanks for the scan Lilja.
  • Bev,

Is it fair to say that Flagg/Walter's character parallel that of Gollum's in LOTR??

You can of course have the option of answering "no comment because it is too relevant a subject to DT7".

;D
  • A friend of mine said he saw a DT7 ARC on eBay last night, a 24-hour auction starting at $400. However, it was gone this morning, with a note that the seller no longer had the book. I suspect Scribner hunted him down and made him see the error of his ways.

Sunny -- "no comment" ;D
  • Knew you'd said that Bev and it answers a lot of question for me  ;D heh heh

Wow! Scribner cleaning house on e-bay?? Guess they are anxious for the Dark Tower not to fall either  ;D
  • Bev, I saw that auction - there were three bids and it was at $410.

I imagine this particular ARC is one of the most sought after ARCs on record!

I figure I've waited since 1983 - I think that's when the audio casette of DT1 was released - I can wait another couple of weeks. ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Well there's another one up there! It's listed as a 7 day auction.
  • The beam is hanging by a hair... ;D
  • I won't be around for a few days--I just got my Dark Tower VII ARC!! ;D

John
  • Oh, by any chance you could do some forwarding, John? There are such things as scanners and e-mails you know... ;)

Hint, Hint ;D
  • Just got back from a drive to the post office.

It was waiting for me, a sky-blue brick of a book.

There will be no sleep on this night...

;)
  • Gimme gimme.
  • Hodder & Stoughton has sent out their ARC's for The Dark Tower 7 and this time they have only done 100 copies of it.

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com