Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

earlier adventures of Roland

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
Hey Bev,

Are we going to see any more of Roland's adventures from the time of his youth show up in DT 7?

Comments

• You'll know soon enough -- the book's out in September. Until then, I'm keeping quiet about it's contents!

I'm putting this smilie in here just because I think it's tres cool: :o
  • Okay, Bev. No specifics, but someone said number 7 had to be more of a straight quest book with very little backstory, I don't necessarily want an answer to this, I'm just hoping that that's not true. I really want to hear more about Roland. Especially when he killed that rhymes-with-witch Rhea.
  • I would like to see King write a book about Roland when he and Cuthbert and Alain were young and about what happened after they left...Majis?...was it? Wherever Susan Delgado lived. Maybe after book 7 is out, he could think about that. I would love to know more about Roland young.
  • Yes, I too want to follow Rolands early adventures. I always felt the space allotted to W&G was a lot, for so little amount of time ( a year maybe?) I would be very curious about the 10 years after Mexi- er Mejis leading up to Jericho hill (I think we will get that). I am also curious how Roland continued his quest after the events of Jericho Hill. Clearly that was a major milestone.

Tom
  • Yeah, I would really like to know the events leading up to and surrounding Alain, Cuthbert and Jaimie's deaths...and then what happened after when Roland was on his own...and so young.

Hey Bev, does King ever come here and see these posts? If not, maybe you could tell him people would LOVE this idea. ;D Then we'd have more to look forward to.
  • IT wrote:

Hey Bev, does King ever come here and see these posts? If not, maybe you could tell him people would LOVE this idea. ;D Then we'd have more to look forward to.

I doubt he ever comes here. But you just never know. ;)
  • I've often wondered about King coming here sometimes and maybe even being a member here, and if he enjoys reading our posts and having a laugh at our humour, then all to the good :)

I would like him to remain anonymous if he does visit here, cause all it would take is to see a "KING SIGHTING" here and it would be flooded and become the place King visited. Instead of the place it is, Bev's Board :)

So Stephen King, if you watch and read these posts...hope you like them and they make you smile or laugh out loud :)
  • I agree with you Dukky. I really wouldn't wanna know if he comes here or not...but I still think Bev should pass this wonderful idea of a book about young Roland on to him. NOt to mention my wonderfully insistent idea of King's much earlier works being put into audio book format.

;)No, I don't give up easily Bev.

Who knows...maybe he'll finally do it just to shut me up!! ;D
  • I've often wondered about King coming here sometimes

You know what they say, the Eye of the King sees all. :o
  • Of course he's probably been on here. The freaking CIA has probably been on here. It is a very popular site. I personally believe that hes been here, Why wouldnt he? How many people have a huge forum(?) devoted just to then with like a billion memebers?

And Bev?

I like him too :o
  • Bev just scores a No.1 fan! :o
  • Except I'm not on Ford's Christmas list any more... :(
  • And Bev?

I like him too :o

What a turn around, bulging eyes and all. Don't worry Bev, come Christmas, Ford will have you perched on the top of her Christmas tree ;D
  • You realize its just 1 month til The Book comes out.
  • Less than that for the Artist Edition
  • Well not less than one month just yet but pretty damn near c lose! If Grat ships the artists Ed two weeks prior to their documented Trade Ed ship date, then I suspect they will be shipping in one month and two days!

Not that I'm counting! ;D
  • Maybe you're not Bob, but I sure am!! Then I'll pout because that'll be the end! :-/ :'(
  • Has enough to keep me occupied till DT7 arrives :)

Work...new books to read...work...gardening...work...ps2 games...work :-/...DVD's (nearly finished ER (Season 2):)...meandering thoughts and other things...

The time passes faster with keeping busy...god knows what I'll be like a week before the release date in September :o

lol
  • ...DVD's (nearly finished ER (Season 2)

Lost track of ER after Anthony Edwards left the show. So sad to see all the original cast member leaving. Doesn't feel familar anymore. Now there's only Noah Wyle and Sherry Stringfield to carry the torch. :(

What's the current season now airing over there?
  • Am not too sure, sunny, as I haven't seen alot of the later series, but am enjoying the Anthony Edwards and Sherry Stringfield ones, and I like Eriq La Salle as Dr Benton, and watching Carter (Noah Whyle) as he advances and becomes a doctor is really good. :)

Only Seasons 1 & 2 have been released in the UK so far.