Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Storm of the Century

edited July 2004 in General news
Last week BBC 3 starting showing a Stephen King mini series called The Storm of the Century. It's on just before Kingdom Hospital so we get a double dose of Stephen King on a Sunday now ;D Have you had this series on over in the States and Canada? The only down-side is that we are off to Malta for two weeks and will probably miss at least two episodes of it :-/

Kxx

Comments

• Jazzrat: Storm of the Century is a good series :) It's in 3 parts and introduces us to Flagg on holiday ;D there is alot of evidence to suggest Linoge is Flagg, and it's a great series, but alas not out on DVD yet in the UK :-/ I watched it a few years ago when it first aired in the UK.

I also want to see Golden Years on DVD also, since I really liked that mini-series.

BTW - sorry for the Spam, since I don't live in Canada or America ::)

But anything Flagg related can expect a spamming from his fans ;D hehe
  • Storm of the Century was shown here in the States (on ABC, probably) a number of years back. I didn't see it when it was originally aired, but rented it about a year ago.

I thought it was very good for a written-for-TV mini-series.
  • The one thing that elevate this miniseries to a level of unheard of excellence from other "made for TV horror" series or movies (for me at least) is the unflinching, honest ending which is:

*************SPOILER OF SOME SORT***********

as bleak as you can expect it to be  :o  
  • Indeed ;)
  • Well now you've REALLY wett my appetite to see the rest of the series. If it's only in three parts, then typically I've seen parts one and two and the third and final episode is on whilst I'm away, same as with Kingdom Hospital. I'm going to have to hope my friend remembers to tape them for me so that I have something to look forward to upon my return to the UK.

Kxx
  • A p.s. to the above post - Flagg certainly seems to rear his evil head all over the place, but then if he's personification of evil, I should expect that from the King of Horror ;D

Kxx
  • Ahhh. Now is that a hint or something, Jazzy? ;D
  • Hehehe, ok, I've just today learnt that Flagg also rears his ugly head in the Dark Tower Series - he's in The Drawing of the Three. If I mention anything to Ratty he won't say a word to me, just looks at me as if to say "you don't want to know what happens before you read it, so I'm telling you nothing" ! He even got annoyed with me for noticing the name Jake as he was reading Wastelands!

He's right, I know, I won't want to spoil my reading by knowing what happens in advance, but I can't help having a naturally curious nature!

Excuse any typos in this post, we are at present in Malta and I'm on my little brother's pc after spending a very prolonged lunch down by the watersedge with good company and far too much good wine (but isn't that what a good holiday is all about? ;D)

Kxx
  • Is that Malta as an island in the middle of the Med. Sea south of Italy?

If so, sounds pretty cool! :)
  • Aah! Some people have all the luck in the world ;)

Don't forget the pics :)
  • CRinVA wrote: Is that Malta as an island in the middle of the Med. Sea south of Italy?

If so, sounds pretty cool! :)

Bob: I think Malta is somewhere in the med near Italy or Spain :-/
  • Bob's Malta is in a parallel world, somewhere north of Midworld perhaps? ;D
  • edited May 2020
    Bev, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

I love Storm of the Century.  I remember getting all my chores done, my shower taken, dinner made and the kids sorted so I could sit down and watch this.  I recorded it and watched it again while I followed along with the screenplay.  Everything about it was thrilling.

But my question, when Linoge got inside someone's head and made them act, they all succumbed to him.  Except one person:  Billy Soames.  He doesn't kill Katrina Withers.  He resists the urge. In the movie, we cut to Linoge in his jail cell, furious!  So, he has Kat kill Billy.

Why do you think Billy was able to defy Linoge when no one else could?  What was it about Billy that made him able to resist the murderous urges that Linoge fed him?
    GNTLGNTNotaro