Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Song of Susannah Sketchbooks

edited July 2004 in Dark Tower
Alright, this is semi- time sensitive, so I figured that I’d mention that right away. Now, many of you may remember when I gave you the heads up about Darrel Anderson (illustrator of "Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah") signing the limited 250 copies of the trade edition! Well, I just wanted to let you know that Darrel decided to do something in addition to that that is truly remarkable!

Darrel has recently completed work on copies of the trade edition that are not only signed, but get this, each of the copies has a unique, hand-drawn sketch on the signature page! There are less than 30 of these “sketchbooks,” so they’re going to be in high demand. The sketches include drawings of the Birdman, the Turtle, Oy, the Castle Allure, the beamquake, the rose, the door to New York city, and many others! Here’s a link to the auction where the books are being sold

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29223&item=6915465459

There are pictures of some of the sketches on the auction, but it's no where near all of them, and some of those not shown are truly amazing. I'd sort of equate them to the first few copies of the S/L Insomnia where Phil Hale hand drew sketches on the signature page, or even the first 100 Cycle of the Werewolves with Bernie Wrightson.

If you're interested in a copy and have any questions you can e-mail the seller (Fred) at
fred@riverlin.com
Just as before, all sales of the books will be going through him. Your best bet though is probably to bid on the auction and bid early. As I understand it, the way it’s going to work is that the high bidder is going to have the first choice of his or her favorite of all of the sketches! Then, it may work out that the lower bidders will be given second chance offers to choose from the remaining sketchbooks. You might just want to make him an offer too, who knows?

This signing has been sanctioned by Darrel Anderson (of course, he signed them and did the sketches). The books will be shrink-wrapped and under the wrap is a beautifully produced insert on high quality rag paper announcing the availability of limited edition Dark Tower VI portfolios and prints that will be made available later this summer from Donald M. Grant Publishers along with a website where you can keep up to date as to their availability.

If you spread the news or decide to contact Fred, please state that you got the information from BigCoffinHunter :)

Comments

• You don't happen to be Tom by any chance do ya, Big Coffin Hunter?? :)
  • I answered this on the other one, but I'll do it here as well, indeed I am Tom :)
  • Well, I explained myself on the other one and being a Skemer I guess I don't have to explain myself on this one too ;D