Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Thanks for documenting the creation of your book

Author: Old Darth

Colour me weird but I found the whole process fascinating!

What a long journey and what a lot of work!!!

You impressed me on 2 fronts: your perseverance and your ability to read fast!

BTW had Stephen King contacted you personally with his evaluation of the book? Looks like from the quote they are using that he has read the book.

Author: Bev Vincent

King asked me if I would send him the manuscript when I submitted my revised version last November. Partly so he could let me know if there was anything factually incorrect, but also because he said he liked my writing.

My publisher originally wanted to put “authorized by Stephen King” on the cover. I wasn't terribly comfortable with that, though it was tacitly true, so I asked King his opinion. He said that if that was what I wanted, he was okay with it, but suggest that such wording might imply that I was a good little boy and didn't say anything to upset the subject of the work, which might dilute its impact. So, when the cover started coming together, I asked him if he would supply a blurb, and what you now see on the cover is most of that statement, trimmed a bit by the publisher to spice it up a little.

So, what you see on the cover is his public response to the book. He also commented to me privately about it.

I'm glad you've enjoyed my literary travelogue. It's been fun!

Author: Old Darth

Wow - that must have been quite an ego boost to have Stephen King say that to you!

Good to see you are keeping your feet on the ground! #)

Author: DTUK

Old Darth - wait till his book is published - I imagine Bev's feet won't touch the ground for quite some time :)

Author: Original Torch

Incredibly cool.

I think the blurb definitely screams authorized though, so if you were looking for the other audience, you may have lost them there.

Torch.

Author: Bev Vincent

Well, the blurb to me reads more that he's okay with the work that has been done, but wasn't involved or controlling of the work while it was being done. It's a subtle nuance but, I think, an important one.