Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Quick thought on Revised DT1

edited August 2004 in Dark Tower
Spoiler for DT6 and revised DT1

Just a quick thought here. When the revised DT1 first came out, there was a lot made about how King had added a couple of bits about Roland having deja vu and Walter making a comment about Roland having never understood before (I am specifically thinking about threads at thedarktower.net). There was a lot of talk about what this imply about how the series will end. It occurred to me, though, that with the info from DT6, that maybe Roland was getting these feelings of deja vu because it was a re-write. Also might explain the 'resumption' subtitle.

Just a thought. I hope this makes some sense.

Comments

new, I was wondering if now that you have read DTVII, you found more to support the deja vu comments, or did it make a difference?  Having never been to the darktower.net, I can't comment on that, but I'm wondering about how (and if) you were able to reconcile it.

• newinside wrote: Spoiler for DT6 and revised DT1

Just a quick thought here. When the revised DT1 first came out, there was a lot made about how King had added a couple of bits about Roland having deja vu and Walter making a comment about Roland having never understood before (I am specifically thinking about threads at thedarktower.net). There was a lot of talk about what this imply about how the series will end. It occurred to me, though, that with the info from DT6, that maybe Roland was getting these feelings of deja vu because it was a re-write. Also might explain the 'resumption' subtitle.

Just a thought. I hope this makes some sense.
    Deeep, man. Deep.

Since King (in the story) is an entire Beam himself, that would make sense.
  • Hi,

It's long been my feeling that the 'revised' DT1 is actually DT8.

Long days and pleasant nights