Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Artist Edition -- let the shipping begin!

edited September 2004 in Dark Tower
According to Kali at DMG, the Artist Editions have arrived at their office and are now being packed. They will be processing the orders in the order in which the orders came in. (Got that?) Deluxe Editions may not arrive until after Sept. 21st because of the extra paperwork involved with making sure the right number goes to the right person. They will be shipped after the AE orders are filled.

There will be more details in an upcoming DMG newsletter.

Comments

• Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! :D :D {wringing hands}
  • Sweeeeet....

Blu (lamenting that he waited a couple of weeks before taking the plunge and ordering the Artist Edition/Talisman/Black House set, meaning he'll probably be the LAST one whose order is processed...)
  • And Bob smiling that he placed his order on day one of the order availability start date! ;D

man it's gonna feel weird when the last page is turned! :o
  • Here's a little more detailed information, posted by the fine folks at TheDarkTower.net:

----------------

Hi all,

The Artist Editions have arrived and are now being packed.

As you know from my earlier posts that we have a method for shipping...

1. The earlier you order, the earlier you order ships. We process the orders as they come in. But credit cards are not charged until your order is ready to ship.

2. First out the door will be single AE orders AND "Special Offer" orders (US orders). These are the first to be packed. These will start shipping soon.

3. Second out the door will be multi AE orders (more than one AE per order). These will start shipping soon.

4. Later will be single Deluxe orders. These are two volume sets that have to be numbered, put in a slipcase, stickered on the outside with the number, shrinkwrapped, boxed with the number written on it and finally sent to the person who is entitled to that number. This is the longest process of all. Your deluxe may or may not arrive before the 21st of September.

5. Multi and combined orders of Deluxes, AEs, and Talisman/BH orders will ship.

6. The TRADE will begin shipping on Septemer 20th with the earliest arrival being the release date september 21st.

As you know...if your order includes a Trade edition then it cannot ship before the 20th.

I will be away from the 22nd to the 30th of September and may not be able to answer questions during that time. You can PM me for the next few weeks if you need any help.  

This information is being posted here BEFORE we send out a newsletter. I know people will be getting anxious soon about the books so I wanted to stem the deluge of emails to the office before people get a newsletter.

I don't know exactly when shipping will begin. You will receive a UPS tracking number via email when your order ships. The Artists, Deluxes and Talisman/BH are being sent UPS. The single orders of the Trades will be sent USPS and you will not get a tracking number.

Foreign orders are a bit different. You can choose your method of shipping when you place the order. The office will have more information on that than I do.

So....it won't be long now...  

Enjoy!

Michaela

(DMG Webmistress)

---------------

Guess I'd better hurry up and finish my second "SoS" reading.

Blu
  • Hey Bob -

What was the first day the special offer was available? I want to see how far off I was (I ordered on the 27th of June, I think...)

Blu
  • I ordered my AE two days after they went on sale, so mine should be one of the first that gets shipped. Would anyone who bought the AE or Special Offer from Grant be willing to post when they get an email confirmation that their book has been shipped? I will post when I got mine, if anyone else is interested.
  • Blu - dont know - will try and determine!

Eddie - I'll do the same
  • Blu do you mean July - I think I ordered on July 24th!

?? ?? ??
  • July 19th was the first day you could have purchased the book. I bought mine on the 21st.
  • No orders, just saying *welcome* to eddiecantordean.. hmm.. that name sure sounds familiar! :)

Lin
  • Yeah, that should have been July....whoops.

I'll post here when I get an e-mail...hopefully that will be sometime this week.

Blu
  • Am I the only one who checks the Grant site more than once a day to see if they have posted the cover for the Artist's Edition for DTVII? Sometimes I feel really foolish!

John
  • My bank account was charged this morning for my AE. I have not received an email from Grant yet, but this info is just as good. Grant only charges your account when your book is ready to ship. A couple more days and I will be holding all the answers in my hand--answers I have been waiting almost 20 years for. I'm starting to have very mixed emotions--exhilarated and scared.
  • exhilarated and scared.

We're right there with you - though most of us have to wait until the 21st!
  • Not sure if my cArd was charged - My bank has not updated my acct since 9/3. Tomorrow morning I will know if I have been charged or not! Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Another update from Michaela in the darktower.net forums:

Hi all,

I wouldn't lie to ya...but I do find out new info as the days wears on....

Ship date now looks more like Monday. We will be finishing the packing of just about ALL the AE and AE/T/BH orders. It will take all weekend to finish up.

This way they can all be shipped at once and hopefully all will arrive before the 21st.

The delay is not with the packing/shipping department. It is with the office/secretarial/billing department.

On July 19th I predicted that with our current system it would take 60 days to process and get the books out the door. Monday will be day 57! So I was right on target.

HBJ,

resisting the temptation to check his mailbox regardless ...
  • OK my card has been charged and according to theGrant Newsletter

Let the Shipping Begin!

• My credit card was also charged today for my DTVII AE. Woo-hoo!

HBJ,

doing the happy dance.
  • Have fun with the book, maties - am sure it's gonna be one heck of a rollercoaster ride :)
  • Got an email notification from UPS with tracking info -

My DT 7 AE has been shipped with estimated delivery on Wednesday 9/15/04.

That is two (2) days - WooHoo!!

• Michaela from DMG writes:

Hi there everyone!

The UPS truck just drove away with 1534 packages in it. That poor UPS driver...he brought a big truck and packed it full!

We still have 1500 packages sitting in the barn waiting to be labeled which, as you all know by now, is being held up by the processing end of things.

Robert doesn't want people to flood the office with calls because it delays them from getting orders processed.

The first shipment is on it's way!

Michaela

(DMG Webmistress)

• CRinVA wrote: Got an email notification from UPS with tracking info -

My DT 7 AE has been shipped with estimated delivery on Wednesday 9/15/04.  

That is two (2) days - WooHoo!!

Way to go, Bob!

I'm getting mine next Tuesday :)

cannot wait! :)
  • I have so little time to read at home that I am going to have to try extra hard to make time to read this book! This has been a journey that I started shortly after getting my first edition Pet Semetery! - 1983 I think!
  • CRinVA wrote: Got an email notification from UPS with tracking info

Bob, ME TOO!!! except mine doesn't arrive until next Monday. Teach me for living on the West Coast, I guess ...

HBJ,

still doing the happy dance.
  • Hunchback Jack wrote:

Bob, ME TOO!!! except mine doesn't arrive until next Monday. Teach me for living on the West Coast, I guess ...

HBJ,

still doing the happy dance.

Yaaaaaaaaay! :)

It's really happening, the book is finally here :)