Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

A Day in the Life of Bev Vincent

My essay of this title appears in the current issue of Cemetery Dance Weekly newsletter, which just arrived in my INBOX a little while ago.

Opening sentence: "I’m one of those people that people who aren’t morning people hate."

Comments

• The next paragraph is very telling.  Your wife is very fortunate.

Of course, the rest of guys end up with a black eye! ;)

OTOH I do give my partner a nightly foot rub...
  • Aggh.

I've signed up twice for some kind of newsletter at CD.

All I ever get from them are emails promoting their books. I've seen neither hide nor hair of the round robin story or of articles or any such thing.

What doth I do wrong?
  • RJ I just fwd my CD Newsletter that included a day in the life of Bev Vincent to the email address in your profile! :)
  • CRinVA wrote: RJ I just fwd my CD Newsletter that included a day in the life of Bev Vincent to the email address in your profile!   :)

Can you send to me too, Bob?

Thanks, matey :)

Send to the non-hotmail one :)
  • Dukky,

I can't seem to find the non Hotmail email address - email me and I will reply with the same stuff I sent RJ.
  • CRinVA wrote: Dukky,

I can't seem to find the non Hotmail email address - email me and I will reply with the same stuff I sent RJ.

Dukky has sent to me matey :)
  • Dukky,

Got it and email forwarded back with requested info - enjoy!

:)
  • CRinVA wrote: Dukky,

Got it and email forwarded back with requested info - enjoy!

:)

Read and enjoyed, thanks :)

Is most definetly not a morning person (hates getting up before 10am usually, unless I fancy a DVD or a read.)

How Bev can out in a full day from 5.30am onwards is beyond me :-/
  • One reader wrote the following to CD:

lots of great ideas for fitting writing tasks in throughout the day. I never imagined, as busy as he is, that he had a day job as well. It's inspiring.
  • Yes, it's inspiring to many of us here as well, I'm sure! 8)
  • RJ_Sevin wrote: Aggh.

I've signed up twice for some kind of newsletter at CD.

All I ever get from them are emails promoting their books. I've seen neither hide nor hair of the round robin story or of articles or any such thing.

What doth I do wrong?

There are two lists -- one is a news list for people who want book announcements and updates, and the other list is the Cemetery Dance Weekly Newsletter that has the books announcements and updates, along with special offers, special features (short stories, essays, book reviews, movie reviews, and the such), and that sort of thing! Both lists are free.

Just follow this link and select Cemetery Dance Weekly:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/html/newsletters.shtml

That should take care of it! If you have any problems, drop me a line at
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    and I'll help you out!

Thanks again to Bev for writing such a great essay. I think everyone will enjoy the rest of the series, too. Check it out and let me know what you think!

best wishes,

Brian Freeman

http://www.cemeterydance.com
  • Hi Brian. I read your short story - Answering The Call - a couple of days ago. Excellent piece of work in an excellent collection! Congrats!
  • Hey, thanks for checking out "Answering the Call" and for your kind words! I'm honored to have a story published next to so many of my favorite authors, obviously!

Best wishes,

Brian Freeman

http://www.brianfreeman.com
  • Okay, I signed up for the newsletter. Now how do I read Bev's essay?
  • I guess you'd have to e-mail Brian and ask if he'll send you a copy of the 9/8 issue.
  • Sunflower I can forward a copy to you. PM me with your email address and I'll be happy to send it.
  • My essay of this title appears in the current issue of Cemetery Dance Weekly newsletter, which just arrived in my INBOX a little while ago.

Opening sentence: "I’m one of those people that people who aren’t morning people hate."

Just seeing this now and it's 2021 - wow - I'm actually a morning person too and yes we had guests who weren't morning people - had no idea how much pain they seemed to be in, in the morning ☺

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • .....I'm a 24 hour grump......circadian rhythms be damned......
    NeesyHedda Gabler