Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Studies in Modern Horror 5

My essay "Stephen King's Dark Tower" has been accepted for Studies in Modern Horror 5, which will be a Stephen King dedicated issue. I don't know the publication date, but I expect it won't be out until 2005 since the submission deadline isn't until next month.

Volume 1 of the series featured Jack Ketchum, numbers two and three were general and contained contributions from the likes of John Pelan, Thomas Ligotti and Steve Gerlach.

My essay is a 4000-word meditation on the series as a whole, sort of a free-flowing synopsis of ROAD. Its thesis arises from a King quote from back when DT2 came out:

And I decided that everybody has some sort of a Dark Tower in their lives. Most of us have Bright Towers, too, but I think everybody keeps a Dark Tower in their heart that they want to find and they know it's destructive and it will probably mean the end of them, but there's that urge to make it your own or to destroy it, one or the other. So I thought: Maybe it's different things to different people.