Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Sales results

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
According to Locus magazine

The long-awaited sixth volume in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, Song of Susannah (Donald M. Grant/Scribner), sits at #1 on Amazon's Top 100 Sellers today, the day it's due in stores. The previous, fifth volume also ranks on Amazon's list, as does volume seven, to be published in September.

Comments

• Good to hear. :)
  • Excellent news :)
  • From USA Today:

1. The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah Stephen King, Grant

Weeks on chart: 1 Last week: 0 Entered on: 6/17/2004 Peak Position: 1

Especially impressive since the USA Today list is combined Fiction/Non-fiction

http://asp.usatoday.com/life/books/booksdatabase/default.aspx

Wolves of the Calla peaked at #2 on the same list
  • Awesome. :)

Lin
  • He'll get knocked out of first by Bill Clinton next week or the week after, but I hear he's also going to debut at #1 on the NY Times list this weekend, which is fiction only.
  • Another list heard from:

WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLERS

FICTION

1. "The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah" by Stephen King, (Grant)

• And so it should be No 1 :)

The story deserves nothing less.
  • The momentum is building. I can see DT7 at the top for an extended time period.
  • Publishers Weekly:

1 Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, Book 6).. King, Stephen, Scribner/Grant, $30. ISBN 1880418592.
  • Lou_Sytsma wrote: The momentum is building. I can see DT7 at the top for an extended time period.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if DT7 was only at the top for a short period. For something to stay number one for a long time, people have to keep buying it over a long period of time. With DT7, I expect a ton of people to buy it right away, but there won't be too many people that hear it is good and go out and buy it a couple of weeks later. If people are going to read a review or get good word of mouth and decide they are interested, they would probably start at the beginning of the series.

Just my thoughts, of course.
  • There are bestseller lists and bestseller lists, but there's only one NY Times bestseller list:

1 SONG OF SUSANNAH, by Stephen King. (Donald M. Grant/Scribner, $30.) The sixth volume of "The Dark Tower," a series about time travel and a heroic quest.
  • WooHoo! :D

SoS even made #1 on the Washington Post List and Washington usually denies King a #1 spot - not sure why though! :o
  • Song of Susannah is going quite well here too. In his first week the book was number 8 on Feltrinelli's (one of the most important italian bookstore) list and it's supposed to go higher next week ;)
  • Great news all around although it is clear that The Da Vinci Code will eventually come back to top the fiction lists again and Bill Clinton will surely annihilate oppositions on the USA Today list in the weeks to come.

But it is great for the fact that all of this seem to suggest SoS sales will top that of WoTC. Hopefully it could touch the million copy mark again that the last 4 SK books have failed to do. Apparently SK's article in EW suggesting his generation of baby boomers had lost interest in reading has actually turned things around  ;)

Everything looks bright for the upcoming DT7 indeed.

One question for Bev or anyone in the know. How is the audiobook for SoS doing saleswise? Is there an official bestseller list for audiobooks? Any links?

Thanks  ;)

Sunny
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: There are bestseller lists and bestseller lists, but there's only one NY Times bestseller list:

1 SONG OF SUSANNAH, by Stephen King. (Donald M. Grant/Scribner, $30.) The sixth volume of "The Dark Tower," a series about time travel and a heroic quest.  

Excellent news :)
  • According to Publishers Weekly, Song of Susannah had a first printing of 650,000 and Scribner has already ordered a second printing of 25,000.
  • From the Wall Street Journal - SoS still hanging in the top ten!

FICTION

1. "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (Doubleday)

9. "The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah" by Stephen King, (Grant)

• Oh! Somebody shield my eyes Is that The Da Vinci Code I see perching at the top again?
  • At last look SoS is still hovering in Amazon.com's Top 50 (at no. 48 ). This is much longer a stint in the top 50 compared to WotC I think. The buzz is building positively.
  • No. 49 at Amazon.co.uk...

At No.10 we have DT7 on (preorder @ Amazon.co.uk)

• I'm sure that when DT7 comes out, all the other books (1 to 6 plus tie-ins) will jump on the bestselling wagon as well ;D
  • And out of the Top 50 it goes... at No. 68
  • Currently 15th on Wall Street Journal list and 12th on Publishers Weekly list!