Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Christine DVD special edition

edited September 2004 in General news

Comments

• No audio remix - surprising and disappointing.
  • I got this yesterday and watched the movie, deleted scenes and featurettes last night. The movie holds up surprisingly well. Some people have criticized the movie for changing the nature of the possession--in the book it's all LeBay whereas in the movie, Christine herself is the evil. I don't mind the change. In spite of some occasionally awkward acting, I like this film a lot.

The deleted scenes are interesting but belonged where they ended up. The three featurettes could easily have been combined into one and make for fascinating viewing as you see the three main actors 20 years on looking back on the experience, along with the director, script writer and producer.

The only thing I haven't watched yet is the film with commentary and I may wait a while to do that, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

One interesting detail I hadn't know before: the scenes of Christine repairing herself were all shot after the film wrapped. They decided then that they need to show more of it on-camera.