Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bestseller news

edited September 2004 in Dark Tower
According to Locus magazine

Stephen King's The Dark Tower ranks #1 on the BookSense fiction hardcover list and ranks well on the various Amazon lists, but it's too new to have cracked the newspaper lists yet.

Comments

• Yep, I've just checked The Guardian (UK newspaper), and it hasn't appeared there yet.

I am not sure if their lists are updated weekly or fortnightly.
  • The Dark Tower enters the USA Today top 150 list in the #2 spot.
  • fortnight= 2 weeks right?
  • yep - two weeks.
  • The Dark Tower debuts in the #1 position of the Wall Street Journal and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists

Song of Susannah is #13 on the WSJ list.
  • The Dark Tower is #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List :)
  • And Song of Suzannah is #16 on the NY Times list.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Song of Susannah is #13 on the WSJ list.

What's the Wall Street Journal?

HBJ,

;D
  • Yeah, WSJ is Wall Street Journal.
  • Sorry, I was being obscure.

On being told that her book had made the Wall Street Journal Bestsellers' list, Paris Hilton replied, "What's the Wall Street Journal?".

Hopefully that's the last time, ever, that I will quote Paris Hilton. :P

HBJ
  • I'm shocked to see there was ever the need for a first time! :o

lol ;)
  • Aw I wouldn't worry about poor Paris Hilton! Well actually I mean Rich Paris Hilton - for she is really just a lost wandering soul - too stupid to know any bette, but whose fault is that if not her parents who psoiled her rotten! ;D

I do give her some credit - I am pretty sure she is not a dumb as Nicole Ritchie! No body could be that dumb!
  • Paris had a guest roll on Veronica Mars last week. Basically played herself, but got the thick end of the stick in the end. She was actually somewhat subdued.
  • What's Veronica Mars?
  • Sounds "Canadian"

;D
  • No, it's a new show on FOX or UPN, I forget which, about a girl in high school whose dad used to be the town sheriff but he was fired and is now a private investigator.
  • I'm Canadian.  Does Lin242 sound Canadian? I still can't believe Train 48 is still on.  ::) Whoops - meant to ask if you were Canadian also Dem! :)

Lin
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: No, it's a new show on FOX or UPN, I forget which, about a girl in high school whose dad used to be the town sheriff but he was fired and is now a private investigator.

Thanks, Bev :)
  • Does Lin242 sound Canadian?
    Only when she says aboot.
  • Lin242 wrote: I'm Canadian.  Does Lin242 sound Canadian? I still can't believe Train 48 is still on.  ::)  Whoops - meant to ask if you were Canadian also Dem! :)

Lin

No, I just said that because Bev is Canadian and I had never heard of the show.
  • Rache4173 wrote:

Only when she says aboot.

That's enough Ms Rache, we don't want to scare off our new member. :) Dem, Train 48 is a Canadian show that takes place entirely on a train - it's in it's second year. I can't believe it. :)

Lin
  • That's enough Ms Rache, we don't want to scare off our new member.
    Good point. I've been properly chastized.

Dem, sincerely, welcome aboard. Hopefully you enjoy your time and many conversations here. :D
  • oot and aboot...

I don't scare easily!!!

;D
  • Dem wrote: oot and aboot...

I don't scare easily!!!

;D

Famous last words. ;D Glad to hear it though, but I do want to reiterate that I say neither oot or aboot. Thank you. :P