Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Confused about release date

Hello,

I live in Canada and can't seem to find a copy of the book anywhere. Bookstores will only tell me that the release date is in October. I thought it was Sept. 28th.

Comments

• Karin:

The US release date was September 28th. However, the Canadian date is more vague. Some people report that stores should have it next week. My brother said the Chapters in Fredericton had it on order and expected it soon. There are probably (hopefully!) huge crates of books idling at customs even as we write...
  • :) Karin, I know a girl in my hometown with your same name. Wouldn't that be a coincidence. Not Kanata by any chance?

Lin
  • I did live in Ottawa for about 2 years (back in the 1990's), however I'm in Montreal now

:D
  • Thanks for the information, I'd been waiting impatiently for Sept 28th and was let down when I couldn't get my hands on a copy.

Snuck around the system and ordered it from Amazon.com instead ;)
  • Karin wrote: I did live in Ottawa for about 2 years (back in the 1990's), however I'm in Montreal now

:D

Karin, I don't know what's more coincidental - that you have the same name as my friend, OR, that you aren't her BUT you still lived in my hometown for two years. If you get back here, tell me what you did in Ottawa! :)

Lin
  • Bev ,

How the heck are ya!

Was wondering when TRTTDK we ordered awhile back (the ones where we received a discount and you were going to autograph) are being sent out. I believe it was through Cemetery Dance.

Thanks and congrats I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Peace,

FF
  • The Cemetery Dance edition will ship in a little over a month. Check their web page for news as it becomes available.
  • Bev ,

Thanks a mill. Counting the seconds. I think I'm gonna reread the whole series right after I read your book and use it as a reference through the entire re-read.

Thanks,

FF
  • Hey Bev, just wondering if you could let me know the release date for the hardcover version of TRTTDT, I ordered it on Amazon more than a month ago and it still has not been released. Any ideas?
  • Late November is the current estimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was December.
  • Hi Bev, I'm just getting a bit antsy about the CD order...it's worrying me that I e-mailed them and heard nothing back.

Do you have any idea when we might be getting them? I'm just dying to read it and see all the extras, hopefully before Christmas.

Thanks!

LK
  • It definitely won't be before Christmas. I still haven't seen the proof pages nor the signature sheets. I plan to fly up to their offices in early January when all the things that need signing are together and do a session to finish that all up rather than have them send things back and forth to me, which gets expensive when there are a few hundred trade paperbacks involved.
  • Bev ,

Any chance it will be before 4/7.

FF.
  • I don't have any information about shipping. There's always a chance--that's almost a month away, but I have no way of knowing one way or t'other.
  • Bev ,

Assumed that but figured I'd ask anyway. Never fear I'll find something for you to sign ;D

Will you be selling items there or is it strictly bring your own. It would be nice if they sold some DT posters there. hint hint

Never went to one before thats why I have no clue.

Thanks,

FF.
  • There'll be copies of ROAD and the Trivia book and From the Borderlands in the dealer room, I'm sure. I'll probably have my own little cache of books to sell, but I think those sorts of transactions have to take place in dark, dingy alleys because of hotel restrictions on where commerce can take place. ::)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: ... but I think those sorts of transactions have to take place in dark, dingy alleys because of hotel restrictions on where commerce can take place.  ::)

Eh??! :o

;D
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: There'll be copies of ROAD and the Trivia book and From the Borderlands in the dealer room, I'm sure. I'll probably have my own little cache of books to sell, but I think those sorts of transactions have to take place in dark, dingy alleys because of hotel restrictions on where commerce can take place.  ::)

So I should wear my trench coat. Gotcha ;D
  • For some reason, I am reminded of an ancient Sesame Street sketch where this muppet is wandering the streets in a trench coat saying, "Anyone want to buy a used U?"
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: For some reason, I am reminded of an ancient Sesame Street sketch where this muppet is wandering the streets in a trench coat saying, "Anyone want to buy a used U?"

Taking the 5th on that one. But I can tell you W is easier to sell the U was. 8)
  • I too ordered the hardcover from Amazon, and I cannot find any news on when it will be finished/shipped. Any current news?
  • I don't have any information. You'll have to contact the publisher directly (info@cemeterydance.com).
  • Congratulations, Bev - if I'm not mistaken, it was one year ago today the "The Road To The Darktower" hit the shelves!

Now, if only Cemetery Dance would FINISH THE LIMITED EDITION!!!!! I can't believe I've held out this long without just buying one from the bookstore....still, I guess that just means I've got some new Dark Tower goodness to look forward to.

Anyway - congrats!

Blu
  • You're right -- it is the first anniversary. I hadn't noticed. Thanks!
  • Congrats on the anniversary, Bev!! :)