Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bev Has A Photo In Locus!

Received my Oct issue of Locus and lo and behold who do I see on page 5 but a portrait shot of our very modest forum administrator!  Nice picture too. 8)

The review is very complimentary as well.  The reviewer -Faren Miller was afraid that TRTTDT would be a fannish piece of work. Instead the review gives Bev high marks for the job he was able to do in presenting a polished and professional job in 350 pages.

Congrats Bev and it must be a dream come true to appear in a magazine like Locus and get a very positive review!

All I can say now is - Encore! Encore!

Comments

• I hope to get my copy today. They wrote me a while back to request a photo for this issue. Glad to hear they were kind to me!
  • That's awesome! Bev, is that the same one where you said they had asked and you were hoping they would be nice? :)

Lin
  • Yep, that's the one.
  • Well, done, Bev :)
  • I'm very pleased with the review. It begins with the reviewer saying she was a bit dubious about tackling it but I had her opinion turned around after only a few pages.
  • Outstanding!

I keep putting off buying tRttDT as I have the CD version coming, but I may have to go out and get this book now! :)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I'm very pleased with the review. It begins with the reviewer saying she was a bit dubious about tackling it but I had her opinion turned around after only a few pages.
    :D

When I first read this comment, I read it as "after only a few pages [of the review]", and I was sitting here thinking "that must be one long review!"

And then I realized that I'm a moron ::)

Anyway, congrats on the positive review.